• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Andy Morrison

Andy Morrison

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:22 PM

Just signed up and thought I'd introduce myself. My screen name is, surprisingly, my real name! I'm a photojournalist in Toledo, Ohio, live in the Detroit area and do most of my diving in the Great Lakes. Hope to see you around. :)

#2 ce4jesus

ce4jesus

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1639 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ocean (How'd I end up in Colorado?)<br /><br />A Christian Marine Conservationist?

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:10 PM

Welcome to wetpixel Andy. BTW...you're link to your website isn't working....

Cheers,
Gary
Gary
Olympus E-520, TLC arms, Inon Z-240s, 50mm, 14-42mm woody's diopter

#3 Kelpfish

Kelpfish

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1600 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:13 AM

Welcome....

Love to see those GL wreck shots :)
Joe Belanger
Author, Catalina Island - All you Need to Know
www.californiaunderwater.com
www.visitingcatalina.com

#4 davephdv

davephdv

Doc Eyeballs

• Senior Moderator
  • 2284 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:15 PM

Having grown up in Michigan I to look to see how the wrecks look now in 20+ years since I dove. Them. You may be the first person I ever met whom admitted to living in Toledo.
Dave Burroughs, Nikon D300, D2X, Subal housing, DS160 strobes

Life is a beach and then you dive.

My Website

#5 Andy Morrison

Andy Morrison

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:21 PM

Having grown up in Michigan I to look to see how the wrecks look now in 20+ years since I dove. Them. You may be the first person I ever met whom admitted to living in Toledo.

Toledo isn't bad. But in fact, I didn't admit to living there, as I live in Trenton, Mi., close to Detroit. I work in Toledo though. :)

#6 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:40 PM

Welcome....
Love to see those GL wreck shots :)

Hey Joe, one of those GL wrecks is my Sailboat, that one I could do without seing :) treacherous body of water theses lakes, well at least she didn't have to face the ingratitude of been broken up for scrap, sniff !
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#7 Kelpfish

Kelpfish

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1600 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:03 PM

Yikes! That sucks. Was it sunk because there were too many gold bars onboard? :)
Joe Belanger
Author, Catalina Island - All you Need to Know
www.californiaunderwater.com
www.visitingcatalina.com

#8 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

Nah, nothing so glorious, it was sunk compliment of Brigg & Stratton, they should stick to making lawnmower and get out of the outboard motor business. A 4 strokes air cooled motor with the carburator intake sticking out at the back (read : toward all incoming waves from the rear) is the worst design i've seen but it came with the boat, and it sunk with the boat. The outboard got swamped by a wave while underway in a narrow channel, strong side wind and 6 foot waves did the rest. I command the Canadian auxiliary Coast Guard fo their dedication and the people of Port Colborne for their hospitallity. Alltought not my idea of a good time, I did come out of the experience with a new found respect for my fellow Canadians, under our civilized behavior Canada with its dual culture can be a bitchy place to live :) , the frenchies getting under the anglos skin and vice versa and getting in trouble in anglo kingdom is probably the best thing that ever happened to me. :)

In the end, I have not lost anything that I coul not replace, my crew and me made it safely out, but not for lack of trying from both the sailboat and lake Erie.

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#9 Poliwog

Poliwog

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Travel, 6 metre Bombard Explorer RIB, Triumph Spitfire 1500, Amateur Radio(VE3WRP)

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

the frenchies getting under the anglos skin and vice versa and getting in trouble in anglo kingdom is probably the best thing that ever happened to me.

Well, you picked the right place to get in trouble as both the cities of Port Colborne and nearby Welland have a very large Francophone population and I do believe they have provincial government services provided in both official languages.

I always wanted to hear what happened to your sailboat but didn't have the nerve to ask. It's too bad you had to have your sailboat removed because it was an obstruction to navigation. We could have used a new shipwreck to dive on. :)

Edited by Poliwog, 19 May 2007 - 06:02 PM.

Paul Walker.
Nikon D2x, D7000, Aquatica D2x, AD7000, SunStrobe 200 x2, Inon Z240 x2, TLC Arms

#10 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:56 AM

Unfortunatly I lack a lot of experience in wrecking boats, Next shipwreck I promise i'll try to do better, :)

Andy your link to your web site is still non functional.

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca