• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cmdasia

cmdasia

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 05:00 PM

No disrepsect to anyone but what is "dive destinations" about?

Some of the threads would seem to belong to the "classifieds" forum.

I just opened threads and found "advertising" from 3 different posters.

Just my tupence worth

#2 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 05:30 PM

I think... for now, it's ok, as it provides an opportunity for wetpixel forum members to meet each other out on dive trips.

However, it is unfortunate that wetpixel isn't getting anything for the "free" advertising. :) I assume that I'll have to set up some ground rules about commercial posting as we get larger as a community.
Eric Cheng - Administrator, Wetpixel -

#3 Cybergoldfish

Cybergoldfish

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
  • Interests:Don't include plankton

Posted 01 March 2003 - 06:17 PM

I can only speak from my own postings but as Eric has said it is purely for Wetpixel members to get together... No profits are sought or made during these posted trips. The member would deal directly with the operators unless the boat for example was to be chartered to enable cheaper rates.

The point of these postings are to inform members of "Dive Destinations" and open trips available to them.
Several of the trips are to help promote digital UW photography so that operators will hopefully begin supplying facilities to enhance the experiences.

#4 markh

markh

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 01:04 PM

I can only speak from my own postings but as Eric has said it is purely for Wetpixel members to get together... No profits are sought or made during these posted trips. The member would deal directly with the operators unless the boat for example was to be chartered to enable cheaper rates.

From what I have seen on this forum they are just that. In fact I have booked on a trip through this very forum in order to dive with fellow wetpixelians.

I also know that, Bob for example, not only puts himself out to pass on this information but also negotiates, through experience, with the operators/skippers in order to get good packages. By good I mean cheaper & quality. It is certainly not a commercial setup.

Long may this continue!

Mark
Dirk Pitt taught me everything!!!!
E10/Titan housing/1 x Sea & Sea 90 Duo