SOLD: Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bmyates

bmyates

Great White

• Team Wetpixel
  • 974 posts
  • Interests:UW Photography, motorcycles.

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:21 PM

I have a Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM ultra wide (weitwinkel) Angle Zoom Lens that I've been using for several years, almost exclusively underwater, so it hasn't been beaten up or exposed to much weather. It is a very fast lens and is in excellent shape. No scratches on the glass, and no other problems of any kind that I'm aware of.

You can see many of the photos I've taken with this lens on my website, www.seattleyates.com - especially in the most recent Socorro gallery, the 2006 Indonesia gallery and the 2006 Bahamas shark gallery -- most of the wide angle shots on all three of those trips were shot with this lens.

B&H is selling it new for $1,369 and the same lens in good shape like mine (used ones) seem to get around $1,000 on eBay, so I'll sell mine for $899 including the little rubber glare ring that keeps you from getting dome port reflections of the lens itself if/when you shoot towards the sun uw (as discussed by Stephen Frink in this thread: http://wetpixel.com/...topic=12761&hl= ).

I'll pay shipping to the lower 48.

You can see more info about the lens at (I'm only not using the B&H link because it's too long!):
http://www.adorama.c...h...L&item_no=2

It's a great "L" class lens. The only reason I'm selling it is because I'm getting the new "II" model of the same lens (which is $1,599 at B&H in case you're interested).

Edited by yahsemtough, 30 May 2007 - 07:00 AM.

Bruce Yates
www.UnderwaterReflections.com
Canon 5DMkII in Aquatica, 1DsMkII in Seacam, G15 in RecSea...Inon Z240's...too many lenses
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields

#2 bmyates

bmyates

Great White

• Team Wetpixel
  • 974 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:07 PM

PRICE REDUCTION! Now $850!

I just posted the lens on Craigslist here in Seattle for $850 without the rubber dome-reflection shade. If any of you Wetpixelers want it, I'll still sell it to you WITH the shade and free shipping in the lower 48! You just have to beat all those Seattle topside photographers to it! :wacko:

Bruce Yates
Canon 5DMkII in Aquatica, 1DsMkII in Seacam, G15 in RecSea...Inon Z240's...too many lenses
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields

#3 bmyates

bmyates

Great White

• Team Wetpixel
  • 974 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:28 PM

OK, gang, before I list this thing on eBay, I'll try one more price reduction here.

NOW $750! ;)

Last chance! B)

Bruce Yates

#4 omar

omar

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 03:52 AM

i am on 700$ i am from denmark so i need you to ship it to denmark maybe you can send it to my friend in l.a (if better) i will need some please to adress the money if interest

#5 bmyates

bmyates

Great White

• Team Wetpixel
  • 974 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:07 AM

Sorry, Omar. The lens has already been sold.

Bruce Yates

#6 omar

omar

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:24 PM

buhuuuu craa.... hmm let me know if you hear anything about a lens like "your" lens.. thanks for the response