• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jgrjr777

jgrjr777

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 01:13 PM

Does anyone know if Sea & Sea or Ikelite flashes, specifically the 120 Dual or Ikelite 200, work in TTL mode with Canon cameras? My flashes are set up with Nikonos cords. If these flashes will work in TTL mode will they work in TTL mode with Canon DSLRs?

#2 tshepherd

tshepherd

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 01:19 PM

About the only way to get TTL working with a Canon is to house a Canon speedlite, aside from a wireless TTL sensor like what Ikelite offers.

#3 bobjarman

bobjarman

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 01:57 PM

Or use a film SLR :)

#4 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 06:27 PM

I was going to recommend using the search feature of these forums, but "TTL" is impossible to search for because the abbreviation is under 4 letters! I'll have to find a way to fix that.
Eric Cheng - Administrator, Wetpixel -

#5 tshepherd

tshepherd

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 07:01 PM

I was going to add a comment about film cameras, but I've decided to keep my silly mouth shut since I've already annoyed my share of people today.

:)

#6 ikelite

ikelite

(In Memoriam)

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 08:32 PM

tshepherd response was correct and I am not about to allow anyone to be more annoying than me. Fuji S2 Pro is the only digital SLR that operates TTL with current underwater strobes. The strobes must be used in manual with the new Canon and Nikon digital SLR cameras. We can not duplicate the multiple pre-flashes of their DTTL yet.

#7 jgrjr777

jgrjr777

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 07:33 AM

Does anyone know when DTTL flashes will be produced? I know that both Ikelite and others have digital flash systems but no truly compatible DTTL.

Will there be Canon DTTL compatible strobes at some point?

I like many others will wait for the market to stabilize. I will stick to my trusty 200s.

I do not want to start the TTL debate again. I have been at this for almost 25 years and have a lot of experience with manual flash. TTL is just a tool. Many pros use TTL when it makes sense.

Nikon left us all is a lurch it seems. There does not seem to be much merit to the small improvements for DX strobes. I know the UW market is small and not even considered in these decisions.

#8 ukexpat

ukexpat

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 10:51 AM

Does anyone know whether the UK Speedlite housing be made to work with the Sea & Sea Canon D30/D60 housing?

Thanks.

#9 Simon K.

Simon K.

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:26 PM

Ike: When you found out somewere in the future how to copy Canon DTTL will we need new flashes or will there be an adapter/controler/converter?

Simon