• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Synthesizer Patel

Synthesizer Patel

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:15 AM

I'm guessing that there's not much chance getting hold of a used one as these seem to be the most useful of the macro ports for canon shooters like me and people tend to hang on to them - but if someone out there wants to help out a financially challenged student I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Synthesizer Patel, 03 May 2007 - 12:14 AM.

#2 CADiver

CADiver

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:潛水, 吃喝玩樂 !

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

I'm guessing that there's not much chance getting hold of a used one as these seem to be the most useful of the macro ports and people tend to hang on to them - but if someone out there wants to help out a financially challenged student I'd appreciate it.

Hope it's ok to ask a question instead ...
Which macro lense does this port fits ? Can it be use with the Nikon 105VR ?
Thanks!
Dominic
Flickr: CADiver
Blog:
Nikon D90, Tokina 10-17, Nikkor 60, 105VR, Nexus, Inon Z240 IV, Hartenberger Nano, FixLED 1000DX.

#3 Synthesizer Patel

Synthesizer Patel

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:13 AM

Hope it's ok to ask a question instead ...
Which macro lense does this port fits ? Can it be use with the Nikon 105VR ?
Thanks!

feel free

although this is the port you would use for a sigma 105mm when shooting with a canon dslr, apparently you need a 5505.46 for the Nikon 105VR

here's a link to the port compatibility chart on the ikelite website - its not completely comprehensive as there are other lenses not listed that will work with certain ports - but its a very useful reference nonetheless..

http://www.ikelite.c...port_nikon.html

#4 CADiver

CADiver

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:潛水, 吃喝玩樂 !

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

feel free

although this is the port you would use for a sigma 105mm when shooting with a canon dslr, apparently you need a 5505.46 for the Nikon 105VR

here's a link to the port compatibility chart on the ikelite website - its not completely comprehensive as there are other lenses not listed that will work with certain ports - but its a very useful reference nonetheless..

http://www.ikelite.c...port_nikon.html

Thanks ! I wonder what is the real difference between 5505.46 & 5505.58 ? Is it the diameter or the length or both ? May be I need to ask Ikelite then. Thanks!
Dominic
Flickr: CADiver
Blog:
Nikon D90, Tokina 10-17, Nikkor 60, 105VR, Nexus, Inon Z240 IV, Hartenberger Nano, FixLED 1000DX.

#5 saga7

saga7

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:07 AM

Hi- I have an ikelite 5505.58 flat port i got as part of a package. It is brand new and has the neoprene cover for it. I would like $80usd plus shipping charges. My email is dweeks@telusplanet.net. I can send pictures if you would like.

FLAT PORTS
For standard, macro and telephoto lenses.
Due to refraction flat ports reduce the angle-of-coverage of a lens and at the same time enlarge the image. This makes the flat port ideal when using standard, macro or zoom lenses to shoot small subjects. Note that if a port is long enough to accommodate the full length of a 1:1 macro lens, the lens may vignette when used at infinity. If access to the lens' full range is desired, then select a dome port instead.
5505.58 Lens less than 6.1" (15.5cm) ... $150

#6 Synthesizer Patel

Synthesizer Patel

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 01:42 AM

Bumpity bump :rolleyes: