1 reply to this topic

#1 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:43 AM

We've had some outstanding presentations over the last year, and it's now time to plan the fall/winter program. Our next UBCPS meeting is on Wednesday, May 16th, 7:30 pm at the Maritime Museum, and the purpose of this meeting is to decide our future.

This will in effect be an Extraordinary General Meeting. The society is a volunteer run dive club, and at present we do not have enough volunteers to carry on. The existence of the club is at stake. If meetings and events such as the North Shore Challenge and the Aquarium Divers Weekend, providing communications to members, and - most importantly - planning dive charters, are important to you, we need your help. Continuing our current program requires more members to volunteer their time. I look forward to your input so that we can determine if there is enough demand and participation to continue with the current structure.

Please join us to share your opinions and suggestions. The decisions made by those in attendance will determine whether we thrive or fold.

Beverages and light snacks will be served.
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig

#2 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6177 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:35 PM

wow!

that is a big event, i sure hope you get a big turnout, and more importantly, a turnout of volunteers!

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com