• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 omar

omar

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:57 AM

:lol: hey and hello i am a big newbee hehe from denmark i got a 30d and is now looking after a housing for it i have been looking at the aquatica but is not sure about wha ti need not to flood my beloved cam hehe any tip would be help full and any expirience would be help full.
i have also been looking at
ikelite (quality???)
seaandsea (is it good or bad?)
subal (toooo expensive, but is it the only one that can ensure a drycam after 40m diving?)
aquatica (sems to be cheap and strong is that right??)

Edited by omar, 23 May 2007 - 11:42 AM.

#2 Cerianthus

Cerianthus

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:21 AM

Are you sure with the D30 you mentioned, or is it a slipup and do you mean EOS 30 D

All the housings will keep your camera dry to 40 m.

gerard
Gerard

My photo's on flickr
Crop the world ! (Using Canon 20D, 60mm, 100mm, 10-17mm FE, Ikelite)

#3 omar

omar

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:44 AM

hmm people talk about flooded housings?? what should i look for when i will like to purchase a housing???

#4 Cerianthus

Cerianthus

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

So 30D :-) nice, I use a 20D in an ikelite housing.

Any housing can flood. Flooding a housing is mostly because of user error. I got ater in (an older) housing once, because i rushed putting the O ring in (it twisted a bit). But I saw the housing being a bit wet, because it was a see through ikelite housing.

Another instance I remember is a guy on shore drying his new hugyphot housiing that had a small leakage. Camera was still fine, but he wondered very much what it was. In a housing like that, a leak alert will save your camera (but not your dive)

I managed to flood a strobe partly (I left the battery compartment open, since the batteries were hot from charging, and didnt remember the next day), and the system is now for a checkup.

have a search around for more treads on housings in the slr section.
Gerard

My photo's on flickr
Crop the world ! (Using Canon 20D, 60mm, 100mm, 10-17mm FE, Ikelite)

#5 Jim

Jim

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:wreck and wide angle

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:25 AM

I got an Aquatica housing last year for my 30D. It is in my opinion a fantastic product. Very well built and designed. I haven't had any problems with flooding after 5 weeks of diving.

#6 omar

omar

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 02:03 PM

super respons hehe thanks wery much... hmm i think i will go for the aquatica but i do think that ikelite is smart becuse of the se trough housing hmmmmmmmm its super difficult.. i will tjeck the tread out thanks again