• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xvierphoto

xvierphoto

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:45 PM

Hey guys thanks for taking the time to check out my photo's. I am pretty proud of these three but I am looking for comments either good or bad

Attached Images

• M0013109.jpg
  • M0013115.jpg
  • M0013118.jpg

#2 ce4jesus

ce4jesus

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1639 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ocean (How'd I end up in Colorado?)<br /><br />A Christian Marine Conservationist?

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:49 PM

Loved the first one...good lighting, solid composition however I'd probably crop the right side a little. I didn't care for pics 2 and 3 for exactly the same reasons.
Gary
Olympus E-520, TLC arms, Inon Z-240s, 50mm, 14-42mm woody's diopter

#3 Poliwog

Poliwog

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Travel, 6 metre Bombard Explorer RIB, Triumph Spitfire 1500, Amateur Radio(VE3WRP)

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:09 PM

Nice Shots, crisp and clear with good colour.

I, also, think a crop in the first picture is in order. A crop with “the rule of thirds” in mind would perk up the photo from “a really good one” to the “great shot” level IMHO.

Photos 2 and 3 would look much better if you could adjust (crop) the orientation of the photographs to provide a more diagonal view if it doesn’t offend your artistic and/or journalistic sensibilities too much. :lol:

Keep up the good works.
Paul Walker.
Nikon D2x, D7000, Aquatica D2x, AD7000, SunStrobe 200 x2, Inon Z240 x2, TLC Arms

#4 xvierphoto

xvierphoto

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 08:24 PM

Hey guys thanks for the criticism. No offense taken. I do try to crop in camera to get the most of my resolution but with surge (oh yea these were taken in about 20' of water along a wall in the surf zone so there was a little surge lol) I can only try to compose and shoot quikly. Overall I like them but yea getting rid of that out of focus part to the right would be a good Idea. Please any more comments I would love to hear it good or BAD. Thanks again

#5 Marc Furth

Marc Furth

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Do it yourself afficionado

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:23 AM

Hey guys thanks for the criticism. No offense taken. I do try to crop in camera to get the most of my resolution but with surge (oh yea these were taken in about 20' of water along a wall in the surf zone so there was a little surge lol) I can only try to compose and shoot quikly. Overall I like them but yea getting rid of that out of focus part to the right would be a good Idea. Please any more comments I would love to hear it good or BAD. Thanks again

I like the first picture the best. The out of focus area on the right of the picture doesn't bother me that much, even though it would have been perfect if it had been as sharp as the other side. In my opinion I would crop out the bottom empty space a bit. The back ground bokem is very nice and complements the subjects colors very nicely .

Marc
Nikon D3, 16mm Nikkor,14-24 Nikkor,24-70 Nikkor, Sigma 15 mm New DIY housing,Nikon D2x, DIY housing, Ikelite Strobe 400's, twin iTTL housed Sb 800's, Sigma 14 mm, Tamron 90 mm, Nikkor 80-400 VR, Nikkor 18-200 VR, Tamron 180 mm macro, Epson Pro 4800 printer.