2 replies to this topic

#1 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6180 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 16 June 2007 - 05:14 PM

We are currently looking for a full time video/photo pro to work at the Manta Ray Bay Hotel in Yap, Micronesia. Duties include shooting daily videos, renting cameras, downloading photos and teaching classes.

For more details please send me a PM here.

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#2 Wildshotz

Wildshotz

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:21 AM

We are currently looking for a full time video/photo pro to work at the Manta Ray Bay Hotel in Yap, Micronesia. Duties include shooting daily videos, renting cameras, downloading photos and teaching classes.

Hello Mike.
I would like some more info for the full time video/photog pro.
I have spent 12 years in the hospitality industry in various roles ( bar person to State manager)
I have vidoe'd and produced a documentary on "shark research" for Australian Geographic on the Undersea Explorer with Ron and Valerie Taylor.
I am an avid underwater photog with many years experience. I have dived in many places, to many different depths and in many different temps.
This is the link to my web site http://wildshotz.smugmug.com/.
I can send you a copy of the documentary I produced for Australian Geographic if you wish.

I look forward to hearing from you.

David Portman

#3 kosalazar

kosalazar

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Dogs and Diving, Multimedia, Photography, Video and painting among other things. Music, too!

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:34 AM

Full time video/photo pro to work at the Manta Ray Bay Hotel in Yap, Micronesia. Sounds fun! Video/photo pro - land or underwater? Shooting daily videos, yes ... land or uw? Basically manning the dive shop which offer photographic/video services at the hotel or is it just a photo/video studio? Downloading photos and teaching classes, basic photography and video? Or underwater?

How long is the contract for? Sounds interesting, Mike.

We come as a package, my partner and I. She's a PADI OWSI and CMAS Instructor as well while I'm working on my DM License. She's had over 500 dives, I've already done over 250 dives. We have an underwater website up-pogopus.com. We both do underwatervideo and photography, I also do land as well if not better. I specialize in portraiture. I can teach and train. I've had 25 years of experience in the hotel and restaurant business. We also have a number of equipments and experienced in handling different cameras from the point and shoot film to digital to video. We both come equipped with MacBook Pros and very, very geeky when it comes to computers and multimedia. :D