4 replies to this topic

#1 markprior

markprior

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:56 AM

Hi all,

I want to buy this lens and house it having seen the great results on here from it.

Has anyone arrived at the definitive zoom gear and port for this lens in Sea & sea housings ?

Reading previous postings there seems to be some conflicting views.

Cheers,

Mark
Sea & Sea D200 Housing - 60mm,105mm, 10.5mm, 12-24mm (All Nikon) Sigma 17-70mm and Tokina 10-17mm lenses and a bunch of Ports.
Lighting: 2 x Ikelite DS-125, 2 x Manual controller

My Pictures

#2 vannar

vannar

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:02 AM

Has anyone arrived at the definitive zoom gear and port for this lens in Sea & sea housings ?

I am using the (athena) glass dome with the SX extension, and it works great, sharp corners and no vinjetting.

The fokus grar for the 60mm macro lens fits with only minor modifications (se separate tread)

I also know that zuzo (uwdigitalcamera) in japan have made a custom gear for the 10-17

/Jonas

#3 docrobina

docrobina

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:33 AM

I got one from Divervision

It came quite quickly to NYC, no problems with customs or such. I tested it on the camera/housing today and it looks like it works just fine in the 8 inch domeport with no extension rings! :D

Can't wait to try it out next week in Lembeh :D

Robin

Edited by docrobina, 17 June 2007 - 11:34 AM.

#4 caminu

caminu

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:33 AM

i used the EF16-35 zoom gear on this lens. no modification is needed, fits almost perfectly.

#5 John Bantin

John Bantin

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Interests:former Technical Editor of
    Diver Magazine (UK) and www.divernet.com
    occasional contributor
    SportDiver (Aus)
    Undercurrent
    Author of Amazing Diving Stories (Wiley Nautical)

Posted 23 June 2007 - 12:19 AM

For Sea & Sea I found the Zoom Gear Set 56350 fitted perfectly. I use the SX extension ring 50261 with either the Optical Glass dome port 30104 (not imported to the UK by SEA & SEA Ltd) or the large acrylic dome port 56401. Results are excellent.

I buy my own photographic kit. Diving equipment manufacturers and diving services suppliers get even-handed treatment from me whether they choose to advertise in the publications I write for or not. All the equipment I get on loan is returned as soon as it is finished with. Did you know you can now get Diver Mag as an iPad/Android app?