100 replies to this topic

#101 antacid

antacid

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:11 AM

Hello, glad you liked it.

My method is purely unscientific and hit-and-miss. I use the eye-dropper tool to click on an area that is closest to white or grey, then tweak from there to my liking.

I think your results will really depend on the original image - it would only help if there's still some red information in the image. so it would probably work best for images taken in shallow water or with good visibility. of course, a strobe is best!

Nice!

What is your method for tweaking white balance, just fiddle with it until it looks nice on screen?

I am a newbie to Lightroom and RAW processing so it would be interesting to know how you guys work.

The photos I have taken so far are mostly in dark and fairly low-visibility conditions. Typically I can only make the white balance slightly better even at maximum correction (blue is gone, and red too). (I'll try to post some examples later)
Then I generally adjust exposure according to highlights and increase contrast so black is black.

But how do you handle noise correction, do you use LR's features for this, another tool or do you skip this step altogether?

cheers
/O

www.colouredshots.com
Kodak disposable film camera

"I use lousy equipment. I charge very high rates."