6 replies to this topic

#1 Ventsy

Ventsy

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:45 AM

Due to bad health I am selling my Nikonos RS set, comprisinf of:

Nikonos RS body as new (used for shooting only 25 rolls of film).
Nikonos 50mm Macro lense,
Nikonos 13mm Fish eye lense,
Nikonos 20 - 35 Zoom lense,

2 Ikelite strobes: - Models 300 and 400 ( with own original Pelikan case) Ikelite arms, base plates
and chargers.
2 Single TTL cords - Ikelite fitings
1 Double - Ikelite fiting.

I live in Exeter - England
Replay to ventrsy_pavlov@yahoo.com

#2 John Bantin

John Bantin

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1857 posts
  • Interests:former Technical Editor of
    Diver Magazine (UK) and www.divernet.com
    occasional contributor
    SportDiver (Aus)
    Undercurrent
    Author of Amazing Diving Stories (Wiley Nautical)

Posted 29 June 2007 - 09:49 AM

Due to bad health I am selling my Nikonos RS set, comprisinf of:

Nikonos RS body as new (used for shooting only 25 rolls of film).
Nikonos 50mm Macro lense,
Nikonos 13mm Fish eye lense,
Nikonos 20 - 35 Zoom lense,

2 Ikelite strobes: - Models 300 and 400 ( with own original Pelikan case) Ikelite arms, base plates
and chargers.
2 Single TTL cords - Ikelite fitings
1 Double - Ikelite fiting.

I live in Exeter - England
Replay to ventrsy_pavlov@yahoo.com

Try: ventsy_pavlov@yahoo.com

I buy my own photographic kit. Diving equipment manufacturers and diving services suppliers get even-handed treatment from me whether they choose to advertise in the publications I write for or not. All the equipment I get on loan is returned as soon as it is finished with. Did you know you can now get Diver Mag as an iPad/Android app?

#3 Grinderman

Grinderman

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:47 AM

It would be very interesting to see if you manage to sell this kit for anything near its second hand value pre-digital. I know of very few people who bother to use this sort of kit these days, even though its optical standards were never surpassed.

Tell you what, I'll put in a fairly mean bid of £450 for the body and wide angle lens. I accept they are theoretically worth a lot more, but I honestly can't see who would want them these days. No insult intended, but do let us know how you get on.

#4 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:46 AM

Guys,

If you're interested in the kit send him an email as requested. It's not very nice to make comments in his post about how "worthless" his RS kit is.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#5 ulcs

ulcs

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

I agree with James, it isn't nice to tell someone especially someone who isnt well that their kit is worthless.

I have to disagree with you, we have sold more RS pivots in the last year than in the prior year. The RS value has dropped from its over inflated prices when they stopped making them; but a resurgence of them has occurred.
Terry

#6 Phil Rudin

Phil Rudin

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:14 AM

I am on board with both James and Terry. I still own two RS bodies and three lenses, including the 18 mm. That lens is still selling for more than I paid for it new 12 years ago. The RS body is selling for 1/2 to 1/3rd of its original cost fifteen years ago. I have a Canon 10D body I used for one month, (about 1000 clicks) that I still can't get a buyer for. My RS bodies have over 2500 dives and are still going strong. Outstanding film equipment is not tanking near as fast as digital equipment. Try to sell a fifteen year old digital camera.

Phil Rudin

#7 Grinderman

Grinderman

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:53 PM

Point taken and apologies to Ventsy. I should have read the opening message more carefully.