• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tshepherd

tshepherd

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 07:49 AM

This is the lense I think I've been waiting for, a wide-angle L lense that isn't over $1K!! On the D60, this works out to a 27-64, which seems like a pretty nice range. Ok, it's not *wide*, but it's wider, and relatively reasonably priced.

http://www.ritzcamer...ductId=13077804

Now all I have to do is find the money for it, and the dome port, and the zoom gear, and, and, and...

:P

#2 davephdv

davephdv

Doc Eyeballs

• Senior Moderator
  • 2278 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:09 PM

I was surprised how well my 17 - 35 worked on my D100. Gives a 25 to 50 field of view. I thought compared to how it work on my F100 that I would be very disappointed in the reduced view but it works quite nicely. Don't know if I would buy it for UW if I didn't already own it though.

Failed to mention that with the 1.5 x crop the 17 - 35 is a great general purpose land lens. I seldom used it on land with my 35 mm camera, but often I leave it on the camera all the time now that I've gone digital.
Dave Burroughs, Nikon D300, D2X, Subal housing, DS160 strobes

Life is a beach and then you dive.

My Website

#3 scorpio_fish

scorpio_fish

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 01:53 AM

My experience is the same as Dave's. I bought the 17-35mm for use with the D100 topside, which makes it a very useful lens. I used it on my N90s underwater and plan on using it with the D100 underwater. At 17mm it is very wide. Being able to zoom made it much easier to compose underwater.
"Me, fail English?.........Unpossible!"