• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 cdoyal

cdoyal

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:58 AM

As I state in another topic, I'm going to order an Aquatica housing for my D200 soon. Over the past year or so I've sent several emails to them. Once I got an immediate reply (1 or 2 days), a couple of times no reply, and a couple of times a delayed reply (1 week). I'm just curious as to where they are these days in terms of responsiveness to problems when/if they arise. Years ago, I went to Ikelite from Aquatica just because of customer service. Needless to say, Ikelite spoiled me rotten. I know things have changed since Blake took over but I want to know how things are today.
Thanks for all of your input.
Chris
Nikon D7000, D200, Aquatica housings, Nikkor 60 and 105, Tokina 10-17, Z240s, DS125s, TLC arms
Sony HC9 in L&M Bluefin housing with 1000 LED lights.

#2 scubarobot

scubarobot

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:30 AM

Ikelite still has great customer service!

http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=19706

#3 pmooney

pmooney

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts
  • Interests:Growing Grapes

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:09 AM

Chris ,

The service from Aquatica is very good and the support that they provide to their dealers & customers alike is top notch.

Blake , Norms & Jean are very focused on making your Aquatica experience the best it possibly can be. Like all small companies their resources can be a little stretched from time to time.

I would think that the service you local dealer provides is really the most important thing and really needs to be considered when deciding who to buy from.

M 2 cents

Peter

#4 cdoyal

cdoyal

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:22 AM

Chris ,

The service from Aquatica is very good and the support that they provide to their dealers & customers alike is top notch.

Blake , Norms & Jean are very focused on making your Aquatica experience the best it possibly can be. Like all small companies their resources can be a little stretched from time to time.

I would think that the service you local dealer provides is really the most important thing and really needs to be considered when deciding who to buy from.

M 2 cents

Peter

Peter-
Your 2 cents are very valid. Thanks!
I don't have a local dealer so I need to decide who will provide the best price/service.
Obviously, the NYC superstore we all know and love is out of the question when it comes to service so they are off the list.
Chris
Nikon D7000, D200, Aquatica housings, Nikkor 60 and 105, Tokina 10-17, Z240s, DS125s, TLC arms

#5 jaykirk

jaykirk

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 07:53 AM

Hi Chris,

I think a good majority of the folks here don't have a "local" dealer. I bought an Aquatica rig for my D2X from Backscatter (1500 miles from my home :) ), and their response times and technical knowledge have been excellent.

Even though I'll have to ship them my gear for annual servicing, I have no doubt they'll provide the same high level of service. I would imagine you can expect similar service from other high profile retailers that advertise on wetpixel.

I guess the point is that if you can find a retail outfit you trust (local or not), you shouldn't have to deal with Aquatica directly.

-Jason
Jason Miles Kirk
http://www.jaykirk.net/

#6 stucotts

stucotts

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

I admit that I had some issues getting response from info@aquatica.ca, but I found another way around it. They recently took care of a finish issue with my housing that I am surprised that they did, they didn't have to but they stood by their product.

I have never been so happy with a piece of uw photo gear as I am with my aquatica housing, and a good people too.

Stuart

#7 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:23 AM

Dealer support is super important, but manufacturer support as too be up to snuff also, we try to have our ear to the ground as much as possible... and respond as fast as possible.

you wetpixelian can also reach me at jean@aquatica.ca (sort of your hotline to me :) )
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#8 cdoyal

cdoyal

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:14 PM

Dealer support is super important, but manufacturer support as too be up to snuff also, we try to have our ear to the ground as much as possible... and respond as fast as possible.

you wetpixelian can also reach me at jean@aquatica.ca (sort of your hotline to me :) )

Thanks, Jean. I sent you a PM a few days ago. Check your box and let me know if you don't see it.
Chris

#9 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1492 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:06 PM

Sorry Chris, I check my e-mail box, and I have a bunch of e-mail but not yours, try sending it again, to jean@aquatica.ca, i'll have to get to thoses ASAP, but its a Canada day week end here (that should count as an excuse to gain a day or two :) )
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively

#10 cdoyal

cdoyal

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:14 PM

I finalized my order with Mauricio today so that screaming you all heard was my credit card begging for mercy. Now all I have to do is sit by the window and wait for the FedEx truck. I don't know who will get more excited when the truck comes down the driveway, me or my one year old labrador. (our driver gives him cookies and he gets to go into the truck).

Thanks for all of your input! Anyone need Ikelite gear? Check ebay and help me out! :)
Chris

#11 Nitrogen Jones

Nitrogen Jones

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:42 PM

In the 10 months I have been an Aquatica customer, their service has been right up to snuff. Sometimes info@aquatica.ca takes up to a week, but it always gets answered. They even offered provided partial rectification on purchases to a dealer who appears to have gone out of business, although it was in no way Aquatica's responsibility.
I'm jonesing for nitrogen...

#12 Poliwog

Poliwog

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Travel, 6 metre Bombard Explorer RIB, Triumph Spitfire 1500, Amateur Radio(VE3WRP)

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:42 AM

Happy as a (freshwater) clam with Aquatica's service over here in Niagara. :)

It ranks right up there with the legendary service from Ikelite as far as I'm concerned.
Paul Walker.
Nikon D2x, D7000, Aquatica D2x, AD7000, SunStrobe 200 x2, Inon Z240 x2, TLC Arms

#13 yahsemtough

yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3495 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 07:42 AM

I have always gotten a response from Aquatica. Sometimes it takes a day or two but that is when they are in the tradeshow loop. Very understandable and, I generally am not in an emergency to get stuff. That said they have overnighted items when it has been a last minute emergency before a trip.

Thanks to Blake, Norma and Jean.

Blake yes, I am still on the fence for the 5D...Anyone want to loan me some money. :)

Todd
Todd Mintz
tmintz.com
all photographs posted © Todd C Mintz

#14 herbko

herbko

Herbzilla

• Super Mod
  • 2128 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:28 AM

Blake yes, I am still on the fence for the 5D...Anyone want to loan me some money. :)

Todd

You must have splinters in your butt by now. :)
Just do it and add AquaView to your budget.
Herb Ko http://herbko.net
Canon 5D; Aquatica housing; 2 Inon Z220 strobes; Canon 100mm macro, 17-40mm ; Sigma 15mm FE, 24mm macro, 50mm macro

#15 TomStack

TomStack

Lionfish

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:28 PM

Gonna chime in here with the preface that I'm an Aquatica dealer.

Service may not always be perfect, but I've never dealt with anyone who consistently attempts to go the
"extra mile" as much as Blake, Norma and Jean at Aquatica do.

Small company, small staff make it difficult to keep up with demand. But the product is gold.

I've been a dealer for many years and have used Aquatica housings since 1990, for good reasons!

Tom Stack

http://www.tomstackphoto.com

#16 meister

meister

Manta Ray

• Team Wetpixel
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

Summarizing my few dealings with Aquatica, my phone calls were answered immediately, my email was responded to within a couple of hours, and a needed part was was delivered the next early morning…
Canon 5D, 5D MK III, Canon 15, 17-40 & 100mm
Aquatica, Ikelight
donhughes.us

#17 Michael

Michael

Moray Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:07 PM

I've been using Aquatica since 97 always with excellent results, from both the equipment and the people building, servicing and selling the housings. My calls/requests are answered promptly and things taken care of asap. Couldn't be happier.

Regards,
Michael
mpostock.com

#18 cdoyal

cdoyal

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:03 AM

I've been using Aquatica since 97 always with excellent results, from both the equipment and the people building, servicing and selling the housings. My calls/requests are answered promptly and things taken care of asap. Couldn't be happier.

Regards,
Michael
mpostock.com

Thanks for all of the reassurance! My gear should be here within a week.
I have to wait to replenish the savings account before I buy the viewfinder though.
Chris