4 replies to this topic

#1 Charlietuna

Charlietuna

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 07:38 AM

Hi,
Posted 4040 Ikelite housing on Ebay. Item # 2717626736. Also have Pelican 1650 case for sale.

SOLD

Charlie[B]

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 05:45 PM

Hi Charlie,

I don't want to sound rude, but I just have to ask - why are you posting this message here if you already placed the item for sale on Ebay? This is just my opinion, but I just don't think that's fair.

In the future, I'd prefer if people would give the folks here at Wetpixel a chance to negotiate a sale BEFORE placing the item for sale on Ebay.

Why you ask? Because now if any of us want to buy your Ikelite 4040 setup, we are forced to bid against each-other to get it. We consider this a community here at Wetpixel and we prefer to all work together.

I hope you understand. I can also see that this is your first post here on the bulletin board, so you may not know what the community is like. I'm also hoping that you won't get mad and leave after reading my post .

Cheers
James Wiseman
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 Charlietuna

Charlietuna

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 08:56 PM

Hi James,
Sorry, I didn't know there was a clasified section in wetpixel. I see your point. When I came to the site I had seen that other people had listed Ebay auctions too.

Charlie

#4 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 03:10 PM

Charlie,

I've never mentioned it before and we don't have an "official" policy or anything like that. I was just thinking about it after reading your post and saw that it might be a problem. I hope you don't think I am picking on you in particular.

I really prefer when people say something like "I have X, Y, and Z for sale at $X.XX. If I don't sell them by next week at that price, they are going on Ebay."

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#5 Charlietuna

Charlietuna

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 03:46 PM

That sounds fair.