• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 3@5

3@5

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:05 AM

Booked into the Mexicana, my preferred haunt. Will be there on Friday, just in time for DeanB's amazing wallet opening ceremony, I've heard its as moving as those water fountai9ns in Las Vegas!! Not to be missed.

Cheers,
Mark.

i'll be popping around on friday afternoon as well loaded with wetpixel info sheets :D
see you then

/paul
Paul Papadopoulos
canon 1dmkII + seacam silver + inon z220
My Webpage

#42 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:49 AM

Mark...you cheeky....F***@@***%%%$$$

I do not shy from a round.... :D often...

See you all there...

I jet in on a private plane hired by the BBC on friday around lunchtime...Well one out of two ain't bad..

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#43 Mary Lynn

Mary Lynn

Video Expert

• 299 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:36 AM

Hi All!

Some quick photo posts from beautiful Antibes, France, 2007. This first shot is from last evening (Friday, Oct 26th) as a bunch of us gathered for libations at the DivePhotoGuide/Wetpixel booth (photo by Steve Perez):

Posted Image

Thank you to Jules for organizing! Hope to see more WP folks there this evening!

And, of course, it wouldn't be the Antibes Festival without the Miss Diving ("Miss Plongee") event. Here are the finalists from last evening's competition (photo by Steve Perez):

Posted Image

The films screened yesterday by WP folks looked great! (Well, note to self for next year: do my own NTSC->PAL conversions....)

Stay tuned!

Mary Lynn

#44 Scuba_SI

Scuba_SI

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1060 posts
  • Interests:Owner / Manager / Handyman at NAD-Lembeh.

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:54 AM

Posted Image

Is that DeanB on the left?

Nauticam Rossa / 5Dmk3 / A7r / EM-1 / S110

http://vimeo.com/lembehmuckdiver

www.nad-lembeh.com: 2:1 diveguide ratio for June / July 2014!!

#45 Jules (Helioxfilm)

Jules (Helioxfilm)

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Interests:UW videography, tec diving<br />literature (novels)<br />diplomacy

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:20 AM

I am happy to announce two palmares of Antibes:

Danny Van Belle (Gold palm, category B + two other prizes)

and Mark Thorpe (Camdiver) (Special Jury Prize, Category B)!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Images

• Mark_Danny_with_palmeres.jpg

#46 scaper

scaper

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:38 AM

Mary Lynn, your film looked fantastic at UFEX and very professionally shot and edited. It was one of our favorites.

Cheers

Pat

Edited by scaper, 27 October 2007 - 11:46 AM.

#47 mexwell

mexwell

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:14 PM

Congratulations to both of you!!!!!!

When are the "internet folks" allowed to view those masterpieces? :-)
Best regards

Christian

Photo& Video: Canon 5D MkII - Ikelite housing - Ikelite DS-125 - Ikelite DS-50
Glas Canon 50mm Macro - Canon 100mm Macro - Canon 17-40mm
Video only: Sony HC7 - Topdawg II Housing and Light System - Gorillapod UW-Tripod
My Website with Pictures and HD movies Last update 01-2010

#48 Mary Lynn

Mary Lynn

Video Expert

• 299 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:46 PM

Saturday, October 27th. What a night!

Here are a few more photos from this evening's festivities at Antibes 2007. Some of us started off with another gathering for libations at the DivePhotoGuide/Wetpixel booth (photo by Zoe Spear):

Posted Image

After the awards ceremony, Mark Thorpe (here with his "Public's Choice Award") sits surrounded by some of the WP folks (photo by Steve Perez):

Posted Image

Leandro Blanco won a very special Prix this year for his incredible new film, "One for All." Leandro is one of my heroes, and an inspiration to so many underwater filmmakers (photo by Steve Perez):

Posted Image

Leandro's new film "One for All" is available for viewing online as the most recent DiveFilm Podcast Video (Episode 48) available at iTunes and produced in association with Wetpixel. Definitely check it out if you haven't yet seen it!

While Alex Mustard could not be here in person, he also won a Prix! (But I will have to defer to others for the exact category of his Prix as my French is pretty limited....) And as Jules noted, Danny Van Belle just swept the field with 3 Prix!

And, Pat, thank you for your very kind words about my little Clipperton film. The Wetpixel folks with films in this year at Antibes all had really strong entries. And what a great group of people! It has been a true pleasure to meet so many of you in person after all this time!

Congratulations to all!!

And to next year in Antibes!!

Mary Lynn

#49 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3845 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:16 PM

Congrats to all, look forward to watching the vids.

Mark you look pretty happy there in that KINGS chair.
Is that the drink Dean brought you..a bottle of coke. :D
Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos www.hdvunderwater.com | www.flykam.com.au | www.reeftorainforest.com.au

#50 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:18 PM

Well everyone here in Antibes has had far too many beers tonight and gone to bed...

A real great evening and a huge congrats to Mark and all the other winners for their awards.

Alex, if you're wondering what you won, then honestly I've no idea(!), but I did see DeanB running round Avenue Georges Gallace shouting 'it's MY award and you're NOT getting it back'....

Perhaps you need to give him a call :D

Cheers, Simon

#51 echeng

echeng

The Blue

• Admin
  • 5842 posts
  • Interests:photography, ice cream, cello, chamber music, quadcopters

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:54 PM

Mary Lynn -- Great coverage and photos! Congratulations, everyone!

I wish I could have gone to Antibes this year.

Any photos of Wetpixel folks up on stage getting their golden flippers? When Wetpixel won a few years ago, I stood up there, people said stuff in French, and then there was some applause.

It was cool.

Hmm. I wonder if we should try to make the DivePhotoGuide booth at DEMA this year look like the Antibes booth. Definitely need some booze there to attract folks, eh? :D
eric cheng
publisher/editor, wetpixel
www | journal | photos

#52 Mary Lynn

Mary Lynn

Video Expert

• 299 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:13 PM

Jules will have video coverage of the stage awards ceremonials--he was right in there! (Thank you Jules for all the great organizing you did this year at Antibes!) We have some shots of the awards cluster at the end, and I will add one or two of those a little later today. It has been such a fun experience!

A huge Congratulations to everyone!

ML

#53 Jules (Helioxfilm)

Jules (Helioxfilm)

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 02:01 AM

Mary Lynn -- Great coverage and photos! Congratulations, everyone!

I wish I could have gone to Antibes this year.

Any photos of Wetpixel folks up on stage getting their golden flippers? When Wetpixel won a few years ago, I stood up there, people said stuff in French, and then there was some applause.

It was cool.

Hmm. I wonder if we should try to make the DivePhotoGuide booth at DEMA this year look like the Antibes booth. Definitely need some booze there to attract folks, eh? ;)

Eric,

you will need Unicum to make it as in Antibes : :guiness: -) A 44% herbal bitter liquor... And some Mézes Barack Pálinka (also a very fines spirit, everyone enjoyed it, thanks to Archi for the contribution to our Bar...

Jules

PS. We have 4 tapes full (DeanB was out for shooting as well), as soon as I can finish editing I will share it...

#54 lou

lou

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:42 AM

Congrs to all the winners !
Does anybody know where it is possible to find the "palmares" for all the categories (both photographs and films ) ?

Thks

#55 Mattkk

Mattkk

Damselfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:33 PM

Hello hello all - Does anyone know who the winners were??? We had our book entered - 'Reef'!

Matt

#56 Jules (Helioxfilm)

Jules (Helioxfilm)

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:59 PM

Hello hello all - Does anyone know who the winners were??? We had our book entered - 'Reef'!

Matt

With pleasure and congratulations :guiness: :

See in the attached file.

Attached Files

#57 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:22 AM

That does make nice reading! :guiness:

I couldn't make it this year (speaking at the Wildphotos event in London), and maybe if this is the result, I should miss Antibes every year!

I am curious to hear how the Marineland venue was? Was the consensus that it will be a one off location? Was it a circus/jail or does it actually do good conservation and education work?

Alex

p.s. Great kudos to Thomas Peschak for ending Laurent Ballesta's reign in the slide portfolios. A fanastic achievement. Tom was also speaking at the Wildphotos event and I know he will be delighted with this result - especially beating Laurent. I also see that Julie Edwards (bella) won the Prix Apnea in the slides (although not sure what this is) and Michael Braunstein won the Promotional Website award.

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#58 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:20 AM

According to that PDF Julie won some price, but it escapes me what that is for :guiness:

Cor
Cor Bosman - Nikon D2X Subal ND2 - Nikon D7000 Subal ND7000
website | tripreports/journal | facebook | wetpixel map | twitter

#59 bella

bella

Wolf Eel

• Critter Expert
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 05:11 AM

I think it's just a mistake. I haven't gotten any email or comms from the festival about it, and there's nothing on this year or previous years sites about that prize. In fact, the Apnea prize has always been awarded to written work.
I'll take the adoration though, thanks! :guiness:
-julie edwards

#60 timrock

timrock

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

Markus,

Way to go! You brought Antibbes to its knees!

Timbo
Tim Rock
Barrigada, Guam 96921 USA
New Rock Bookstore: http://www.blurb.com...r/store/timrock
See the Newest Images: http://www.photosour...aunch=pdn-31809
Tim's Blog: http://timrockblog.blogspot.com/
E-Mail: