I just got back from Coz and I have decided to purchase more of a real pro camera set-up and today I just spent some serious money on a new Olympus camera, Ikelite housing and Ikelite strobe.
Anyway, I no longer need the DC500.
On my last trip (two weeks ago) I found that the strobe did not fire properly. I really haven't had the time to look at what the problem is with the strobe. I do know that you can purchase a new strobe separately for about $250. The camera itself has a bright built-in flash.
You can play with the strobe and see if you can get it to work, but even without it you would still have the housing, the camera, wide angle lens, lens caddy, battery charger for the strobe batteries (double AA's), backup battery for the Seaife camera plus Sealife battery charger and software, and carrying case, etc. (See pricing below)
I have all the original materials including the box it came in.
Now, that I have all this new equipment, I don't have any more use for it.
I think you can get a lot of good pics from it and it would be great for a beginner. If you can get the strobe to work, then you have yourself a free strobe...if not, you can always add-on a strobe later and still use the camera in the housing with the built-in flash.
Shipping, not included so estimate around $20.00-25.00 (no higher). US Only.
So...the $275.00 Includes:
- Sealife DC500 Camera (1 year old) - (Sells for $250.00 - $299.00 on Ebay by itself)
- Strobe (May or may not work)
- Sealife Wide Angle (Detachable) Lens - ($69.95 on Scuba.com)
- Camera Lens Dock for Wide Angle Lens ($18.95 on Scuba.com)
- Extra Sealife Extended Life DC500 Lithium Rechargeable Battery ($29.95 on scuba.com)
- Sealife Battery Charger for DC500 Lithium Battery - ($19.95 on Scuba.com)
- PowerEx MH-C204W AA Battery Charger ($41.00 on Thomas Distributing)
- 4 MiMh Rechargeable Bstteries (Included with charger)
- SanDisc 1 gig memory Card (Approx. $40.00)
- Reefmaster External Flash Optical Cable Connection ($29.95 on Scuba.com)
- Sealife Docking Station w/USB Cord ($29.95 on scuba.com)
- Padded Carrying Case
- Software, Manuals, Power cord and USB cord.
Email me at: Easternmedgirl@comcast.net
Will take PayPal.
Edited by JenLoves2Dive, 24 July 2007 - 10:57 AM.