• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#21 timp

timp

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 09:17 AM

Hi all, Tim from Dorset. I'm afraid diving isn't my thing ( I can sense this might cause trouble!!) but I'm about to go snorkelling with Humpbacks off Silver Bank and would appreciate some advice from the experts on this here.
I'm expecting to buy some new kit as I really don't want to get a housing for my 7D - so I'm leaning towards M4/3rds, although a G11/12 in a Canon housing is a possibility. I'm thinking one of the Olympus Pens plus Oly housing. I don't understand the 'dome' aspect. I'm thinking that for Humpbacks I'm gonna need a decent wide angle. Thanks in advance everyone.

Tim

#22 yani104

yani104

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:53 AM

Greetings all, I'm Ardi from Bali, just started diving 2 years back, and shoot some pictures using a pocket camera. Now I'm upgrading my system to G12-Ikelite-Z240, looking forward to dig some info around this forum. :B):

Cheers.

#23 VisualTryst

VisualTryst

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:01 PM

Hi all :)
I'm a photographer from South Florida.. Mostly fine-art work.. Been doing UW shoots for a couple years and this site has always been my go-to resource... looking to take my work to the next level.. so here I am.
Zac

#24 RussR

RussR

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:51 AM

Hi.

I am Russell from Philadelphia PA. Just had two dive trips where I was unable to bring my camera due to a faulty strobe :-(. Unfortunately Ikelite did not want to repair due to age, and i am not in the posistion to upgrade right now.

I have a trip coming up in a month so i hope to be able to service the strobe myself, with help from you all!

Thanks!

#25 FrancoisC

FrancoisC

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:enjoy diving with friends<br />http://cps.rixheim.free.fr/

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

Hi all,
I'm François from France.
I started UW photography around 4 years ago with a small minolta compact camera.
Enjoyed visiting wetpixel since a while.

Now using a panasonic GF1 µfour/third camera with a leica 45mm macro lens.
I just come back from a trip in Indonesia, being able to shoot wonderful critters in Lembeh and Bunaken :)

Thanks
François

http://cps.rixheim.free.fr/
Panasonic DMC-GF1, 14-45 + Leica 45mm macro lenses, Inon S2000 strobe

#26 njdiver75

njdiver75

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

Hello,
I'm from NJ and own a dive shop here. I have been shooting a g10 but recently upgraded to a 5d mark2. I have been bouncing around this site for a while now and figured I'd join in the dialog. Happy to e here.

#27 The Fish

The Fish

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:SCUBA Diving, Underwater Photography, General Photography, Website Development

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:04 PM

Hi, my name is Michael, and although I have been taking snapshots underwater for several years, I have now purchased a more sophistacated setup, as I am diving again after a 26+ year rest! All my previous experience was during my snorkelling years, but last year I passed my SCUBA medical for the first time since I had to give up diving!
"A strange twilight world opened up before me, and I felt as the first man to set foot on another planet, an intruder in this mystic garden of the deep." 20,000 leagues Under The Sea
SCUBA Blog
SCUBA Website
Facebook

#28 Uli Kunkel

Uli Kunkel

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:01 AM

Hi!

Im still a novice at this photography thing really, but Im learning fast and getting better every day!

#29 TBAR John

TBAR John

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

Hi guys/gals a quick hello to introduce myself. I have been visiting this site for a while and found it quite interesting. I live just Sth of Byron Bay and mostly dive my local site Julian Rocks with Giac and the crew from Sundive. I have only been shooting a couple of years and have recently upgraded from a G9/ Ikelite set up to a Nikon D7000, Tok. 10-17 with 8" dome and a Nikon 60 Macro. Am enjoying having a lot more stuff to fiddle with but at the same time finding it a bit more challenging !!! I have a couple of issues with the 10-17 and D7000 that I will post later in a different part of the forum as I need to do this post first before I can post !
Happy shooting,
Cheers, John

#30 tropikey

tropikey

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:15 AM

hi !

I've just registered her and would like to write "hallo" from Gdynia, Poland.
I'm not a diver but love to snorkel and I hope to find some useful tips here regarding taking pictures (and making movies) of underwater creatures...

Best regards, Bartek

#31 shanewasik

shanewasik

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

Hi,

President of the NZ Underwater Assoc - organiser of Oceanz.

Cheers

#32 PhotographingBlind

PhotographingBlind

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:06 AM

Hi, I am a diver from belgium. I am photographing for over 2 years with my pen -pl1.
I try to make nice photos, but it isn't so easy. I'm legally blind, i only have 8 percent of my sight.

I hope i can learn a lot on the forum.
Vist my Facebook page and like !
https://www.facebook...tographingBlind

#33 jwood1

jwood1

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

Hi, Jerry here from Lexington, KY. I'm a long time amateur photographer looking to get into underwater photography. This is a great forum and I'm expecting to learn a lot.

#34 Max Bottomtime

Max Bottomtime

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

Hi. Phil Garner from Southern California. I've been lurking for years but finally bought a real camera, so I thought I'd join in the fun.

#35 skating101

skating101

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

Hey everyone, my name is Nick and my partner Susan and I regularly dive in Sydney, Australia. Our blog is 2fishoutofwater.wordpress.com

#36 tylerham

tylerham

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

Hi All -

Just joined the forum - But its not for a happy reason I'm afraid - I loved underwater photography and even had a few whale shark shots published in SHARKDIVER MAGAZINE, but lately work and life stuff has been overwhelming - SO I really signed up to try and list my Ikelite D50 rig and strobe.

Its been a fun run but time to pass this stuff on to someone who will give it more use that I can ;) I have browsed the forums silently for a while and have enjoyed the site, - - which I can still do even though I wont be shooting anymore!

:guiness: Tyler

#37 skiallday

skiallday

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

Steve from Missouri. New to the forum. Will sell some Sunray 1000s on here hopefully.

Going to Little Cayman on 11/12. Can't wait.

Cheers

#38 JohnRudolfLewis

JohnRudolfLewis

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

Hello. John from Seattle. Wife said I need to sell old gear before I can buy new. Buddy told me listing it here was better than anywhere else.

Heading to Cabo in a few days, hope to get a few pixels wet.

#39 jaRec

jaRec

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

Hi,

Old film uw photographer prom Spain here!
It seems I need a conversion to digital :)

Greetings.

#40 _savage

_savage

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

Hi,

My name is Jens and I just signed up here because many told me this is a good way to advertise some used gear that I'd like to sell (a complete FIX G10 setup). I want to sell that because I finally decided to get an Nauticam 7D housing. Alas, before I can post I need to reply to a thread first, and that's what I do now :D

This link is broken: We recommend introducing yourself as a reply to this post. (Any admin out there can look into this? Cheers!)

Anyway, I've been diving for more than 11 years now, and I'm currently PADI MSDT certified. Got CMAS certified in mid December in Germany and we actually had to poke holes into a thin layer of ice. Then I moved to Australia for a couple of years before I ended up in Seattle about seven years ago; that's where I still live and dive most of the time. Although I do travel _a_lot_ and dive all over the world. We've got a small group of people here, all obsessed with photography, and we spend heaps of (long) weekends diving all over Vancouver Island or the Northern Puget Sound.

Keep smiling :)
Jens
Jens Troeger - savage.light-speed.de
(Canon 7D, Nauticam, 10-17/17-40/100mm lens, luck)