• Please log in to reply
611 replies to this topic

#241 FF1024

FF1024

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hello everyone I'm new to Wetpixel and have been diving and shooting for years. Looking forward to seeing everyone's work and learning some more!

Jeff Thomas

#242 Nwcid

Nwcid

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hi, my name is John and I am from the PNW.  I have been diving about 2 years now and been shooting stills most of that time.  I picked up a used D70 in Aquatic housing with 8"dome.  It has dual DS-50 strobes on it.  I have both a Nikon 10.5mm WA and a Nikon 60mm Macro.  

While I do ok with this set up I am working on upgrading so I thought I would start posting my questions here.

Here is a pic of me and my rig;

JohnBethany003.jpg

You can find some of my stuff on my FB, https://www.facebook.../john.nokes.965  or on the website I built http://scubadivesites.webs.com/

Edited by Nwcid, 22 October 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#243 butterflies

butterflies

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

Hello,
I am a photographer but not at all a diver.
I have other reasons to be here.
I have ideas for several UW projects, but I will remain on land.
The camera will be just under the surface of the water.
I hope to ask for advise here, of how to solve issues regarding the set-up I have in mind.
Hope to meet you in those threads.
Rob

#244 DHoffmann

DHoffmann

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

Another newbie here, long time lurker but first time signing up. Hope to join in with the discussion in earnest very soon!

#245 kriskling

kriskling

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

HI,

I'm Kristy and I've been diving for about 7 years now. I only take about one major trip a year. That "work thing" gets in the way and besides I have other hobbies that command vacation time too.... Within the past year, I started doing some underwater photography and video. I have found that I like video better than stills - so I'm looking to upgrade again, before I've even really started:) If you're interested in a perfect condition RX-100 Nauticam case - stay tuned. I'll post it as soon as I am able!

Kristy

#246 ScT

ScT

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hi everyone at wetpixel!

Also new to the Forum im looking forward on getting informations to my "technical Problems".

In the past I was also reading "incognito" before my Registration and I really enjoyed the Forum!

Best regards,

Tom

#247 _Alex_

_Alex_

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

Hey everyone,

my name Alex, and I'm from the Netherlands.

I've been diving for 10 year now and I bought my first (and only) uw camera 5 years ago.

Alex.

#248 samgarber

samgarber

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hello,

I am a open circuit & rebreather diver with a Nauticam NA-7D with YS-110 strobes and Sola600 lights.

I live in Bucks County PA (near Philly).

#249 Thoms

Thoms

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:30 AM

Hi all

I'm tom Dobkowski from Poland. I'm fresh in UW photography. I own sea&sea d200 housing with dome port, nikon d200, and I'm waiting for tokina 10-17. I'm diving in rather murky and cold waters of Poland, occasionaly in some brighters of Croatia ;)

Already want to say that wet pixel help me a lot. Hope it will get only better ;)

My recent photos: http://www.flickr.co...s/17385175@N00/

cheers

Tom

#250 IMW

IMW

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

Hello All

Long timer lurker, first time poster. I've been reading Wetpixel for about 5 years and thought it was about time to post.

Ian

#251 zozocam

zozocam

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:wildlife

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

Hi, I am a wildlife filmmaker from Hungary living in Florida for a while.

Just signing up for selling gear.

#252 Twyla

Twyla

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

hey, I need to post somewhere in order to be able to make a post in the classifieds on WetPixel. weird, yes. They have some odd rules. sorry for bothering you. hopefully NOW I'll be able to post!?

#253 rcolly

rcolly

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a Nixon D80 Sea & Sea housing setup to sell.

Let me know if you are interested.

Robin

#254 fitz

fitz

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

Hi.  Tom Fitz from N. Palm Beach, FL.  I'm a wildlife cameraman and joined Wetpixel to see about buying / selling used camera equipment.

#255 Layshade

Layshade

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

Hello everyone !

I'm Lola, I come from belgium and I'm performing a PhD in Marine Biology on chemical communication between shrimp and echinoderms...

I'm just an amateur of marine photography but I love it !

#256 LCimagery

LCimagery

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hi all,

My name is Lloyd - new to posting on the forum but I have been reading it for a long time. Nice to be here.

Cheers

#257 TStrong

TStrong

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Yo! I'm Tyler, from Los Angeles. I work as a camera tech for a rental house, I shoot surfing with a Nikon D7000 in an aquatech housing.  I am trying to sell my setup since I can't seem to find the time to get in the water anymore :( How many posts must I make to be able to start a thread in the classifieds?

#258 ocean_pony

ocean_pony

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

Hi everyone! Name's Dane from the far-away-from-any-good-dive-spots land of Colorado. Long story short, I am an amateur photographer who's been shooting for about 5 years, and am looking to further my UW photography game!

Cheers!

#259 skyeg3

skyeg3

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

My name is Skye and I currently reside in Pacifica CA.  While I've been interested in photography for a few years now, I've only recently become very interested in shooting surfers from the beach. A few weeks ago I edited my first surf composition and people really liked it and it's gotten me hooked on editing and video production. Here is that video:

The big problem I noticed is a lot of the footage I got from these lazy surfer bums was shaky and just not that great so I figure I need to start getting into it myself.

I used to surf quite a bit but a few years ago I had a pretty severe spinal cord injury and havnt been in the water since. I am really looking forward to catching waves through the lens of whatever camera I end up buying. Getting back into the surfing world is something I'm really looking forward to.

#260 Psincl5611

Psincl5611

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

Merry/Happy Festivus from NOLA.
I am Pat Sinclair, I have been addicted to diving for 12 years...this is like a confession, right?