• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

#361 davediver

davediver

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

Dave Shrubb from the Uk, about time I joined!

#362 Skaface

Skaface

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Hiking, Traveling, Architecture/Design and taking pictures of any and all combinations of the aforementioned.

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Hi! My name is Mark from the Central Coast of California. I am a life long surfer and have "discovered" photography about a year ago. I am still trying to find my niche whilst learning along the way. For the past year I have been shooting with an Olympus PEN EPL-1. I have collected a few lower end/inexpensive lenses to practice with. Namely, the Panasonic 20mm pancake lens (for travel/street/live concerts) and an Olympus 9-18mm wide angle (for landscape/water shots). I have just purchased the PTEP-01 water housing and am now saving for the Zen WA-100 domed port so that I can jump in the water and would like to start taking some surf shots. Anything from shorebreak to surfing action. I look forward to any insight anyone could give along the way. I'll keep practicing and I hope to see you out there!  :surfing:

#363 MEANMACHINE

MEANMACHINE

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Hi guys,

My name is Andy. im quite an established diver, been doing it for a while now, both in blue water and in the cold waters of home. Im very new to the underwater photography scene though. The set up i have at the moment is basic i guess, i have a canon G15, with housing and twin arms, and im using a sea and sea ys02 strobe and a big blue al focus light.

I have been trying to read up on settings, and the best options for macro pictures, as well as moving fast objects, would any one have some advice on which modes are best to use for a beginner? I here that P and M are the two that work best, although, ISO and Shutter speeds are confussing to say the least. Off to the maldives in a few weeks, be nice to be able to have an idea of what are the best settings to use.

Hope to get some good ideas, ill be reading up on the forums in the mean time!

#364 hezishohat

hezishohat

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:47 PM

Hi all

I'm Hezi from Israel

Dive mostly in the Red sea

more then 3,000 dives over 24 years

use the Canon S120 with Ikelite housing and Epoque ES-230DS strobe

Edited by hezishohat, 01 May 2014 - 11:48 PM.

#365 karlmesquita

karlmesquita

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:20 AM

Karl from northeast of Brazil. I've been diving all over and now I am looking for a housing for my Canon 60D

#366 emapola

emapola

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

Hello @ all,

I'm Emanuele from Italy.

I started UW photography around 5 years ago with a small canon ti-900 compact camera.

After that i moved to Olympus xz-1 plus wide angle additional lens and 2 inon strobe. Now i'm moving to mirrorless camera (olympus om-d e-m5 on nauticam housing).

Enjoyed visiting wetpixel since a while.

#367 JPAPPAS

JPAPPAS

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

Hello from Michigan,

Currently shooting a Nikon D90 w/ Ikelite housing and duel DS161 strobes - Tokin 10-17 mm wide and and Tamaron 90mm for macro.

#368 deepfish

deepfish

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

I'm new to underwater photography and have been fishing deepwater species for years, i'm on this site mainly to figure out how to get video at depths of over 200 feet, using minimal to no lighting. 

#369 aaronho

aaronho

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:54 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm Aaron a special events photographer based in Sydney.

http://www.aaronhophotography.com/

Edited by aaronho, 06 May 2014 - 02:56 AM.

#370 scubatrevor

scubatrevor

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

Greetings from Canada.

#371 optikgee

optikgee

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

hi underwaterphotographers

since i would like to purchase a underwater photo equipment i joined this forum to get some informations and advices.

see you around

#372 Capt Doug

Capt Doug

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:08 AM

Hello! I have been taking shark pictures in Jupiter and really appreciate digital over the old film cameras.

Now it's just sorting through and choosing the best of the batch.

I would love some suggestions on editing software. Everything seems very complex?

Thanks, Doug

#373 anton

anton

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 01:39 AM

Hello there

I'm just having fun diving and this year big trip was to Galapagos. Amazing diving lots of Hammerheads.

#374 Trwen

Trwen

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

Hi all. Look forward to learning something about underwater photography....being a beginner. I live in North Wales, where the photographic conditions leave a lot to be desired this year (2 metres on a good day, due to storm lifted sediment). Am a keen Seasearcher, upgrading to Surveyor this summer (if we can get into the water and see anything).....Have used a Canon Ixus 95 very successfully up to now with inbuilt flash...just moved on to CanonS120 and single Inon S2000 strobe with 2x 5" inon ultralight arms - less than successfully!! Having problems with handling and buoyancy of set up. Will be posting somewhere about this. Using a Fantasea Nano LED focus light on cold shoe mount. Problems with this too...possibly faulty sensor. Oh well....it's a big learning curve....:)

#375 jameseg

jameseg

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:22 AM

Hello from Minneapolis.  I've been shooting underwater for a number of years, but due to my location, my opportunities are sporadic at best.  Currently have an Olympus EPL-1 setup with single Inon S2000 strobe. 

James

#376 mjol

mjol

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

Greetings from Finland. 

Amateur/novice UW photographer with various compact settings for a number of years. Now my present setup is Canon EOS D70 (w/ EF-S 60 mm macro, Tokina 10-17 wide) in Ikelite housing and two Ikelite DS 161 strobes. Looking for good advise and checking fabulous pictures/videos in this forum.

Markku

#377 hoehngeorge

hoehngeorge

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

George H from Wisconsin, USA.  I have been shooting underwater photos for several years with a compact camera but am now exploring the purchase of a housing for my full frame Canon 6D.

#378 JW8660

JW8660

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:11 AM

Hi, my names Josh, I am looking for and Ynderwater camera set up, either DSLRor compact. With a budget of about £1700/$3000

#379 OctoFin

OctoFin

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

Wetpixel!

#380 echo2600

echo2600

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

Hello, All!

I'm Elliot and live in Marina del Rey, CA. I've been diving about 5 years and shooting UW from about 4 of those... I think that I've only done a half dozen, or so, dives w/out a camera since starting. I joined wetpixel to improve my technique and maybe find a few good deals on upgrading my kit. Currently, I'm using a Olympus E-PL2, in a Oly housing.... I look forwards to learning to become a better photographer!

Edited by echo2600, 12 May 2014 - 09:19 PM.