627 replies to this topic

#441 hellimat

hellimat

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

Hi,

my name is Matthias. I start Diving almost 20 years ago and since 5 years I also take my old eos 20d into the water...

#442 poseidonsenforcer

poseidonsenforcer

Starfish

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

Hello, My name is Pete and I've been diving the New England waters since I was 14 (22yrs ago!) Currently living in the Boston MA USA area. I shoot a Canon T3i in a Sea & Sea housing. Possibly looking to upgrade to a full frame system. Cheers!

#443 Kraken de Mabini

Kraken de Mabini

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Oceanic Greetings from Kraken de Mabini.  Mabini is in the Flipines, SE from Manila about 2 to 5 hours drive, and is a lovely peninsula.

It divides two gulfs, the Batangas from the Balayan Gulfs.  Both gulfs and adjacent waters are peaceful and ideal for underwater photography

from October through May.  They are famous for the abundance of smaller life such as nudribranchs.

The locals have realized the treasure at their doorstep and the area has amazingly good nature preservation.  There is very little fishing, the boats

are small and well behaved, and the place is quite a divers paradise.

My interests are tropical diving, nudibranchs and flatworms, with still photography.  I have recently moved from compact point & shoot to DSR

photography.  It is a long slow process.

My hobby is designing and building accessories for the underwater housings and strobes.  I have designed and built clamps for strobe

arms, flip lens holders for 67 mm lenses, and trays for compact and dSLR housings.  All of readily available plastics with small hand and power tools.

#444 Scubajulian

Scubajulian

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

1. Hello..!!!
  2.  I'm a 40year old from Canary Island. I've been diving twenty  years,. I'm using an Olympus E-520, it´s my first camera, I have now acquired a nikon d 7000,and I would like to find a housing.,
    and continue to evolve in the world of underwater photography.

a greeting

#445 Scubajulian

Scubajulian

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

1.Hello..!!!

2. I'm a 40year old from Canary Island. I've been diving twenty  years,. I'm using an Olympus E-520, it´s my first camera, I have now acquired a nikon d 7000,and I would like to find a housing.,

and continue to evolve in the world of underwater photography.

a greeting

#446 paratom

paratom

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:13 AM

Hi,

I am tom (paratom) from Germany. I did a lot of diving about 15 years ago with a Nikonos V. I now want to get back into diving and under water photography with some m43 equipment, since I believe its a good compromise between size/price and image quality.

Kind Regards, Tom

#447 Niki

Niki

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:30 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm Niki from Austria. I'm studying media technology with focus on video technology.

In order to finish my bachelors degree, I am writing my thesis about (indoor) underwater filming. As this is a very complex topic, I hope to find more information in this forum :)

I already made a few test video shoots under water, but didn't have any diving experience before that.

Best regards, Niki

#448 zilahami

zilahami

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Hello!  My name is Melissa and i'm in Berkeley, CA USA.  I've recently begun to play with and learn about underwater photography after 8 years of diving and a lifetime of photography as a hobbiest.  Looking forward to learning from and interacting with all the awesome members here.

#449 loveladybugs

loveladybugs

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

Aloha My name is Bonnie.  Been diving 37 years but just picked up a camera for the first time in 2008.  What a different view thru a lense!  Sometimes it's good just to jump in without the camera though.  

#450 kelp26

kelp26

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

I'm James, a new member from Glen Ellen, CA. I have alot of diving experience, but only took-up UWphotography a couple of years age. I have an Olympus PEN Epl-2, with housing and strobes. I think my photos should look better than what I'm getting. Get ready for a bunch of questions!

#451 keldo10

keldo10

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:22 PM

Hi,

I am a 31yr old female diver from Australia.  I have been diving for about 8years and have always taken a few snap shots with a basic compact + housing or a video. Its time to get a 'real' camera and some advice so i can actually take a good shot!

#452 pubert

pubert

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:36 AM

mike here, been diving since 2010... have been shooting since but still learning how to take better UW photos

#453 kenns

kenns

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Photography, Hiking, Visual Arts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

Hi,

I started diving in the cold waters of the Emerald Sea (Washington/British Columbia) over 3 years ago. I am an avid diver averaging about 100 dives per year. A couple of years ago I started taking photos with my Canon point and shoot. Since then I have upgraded to a Sony NEX5N and now again to a Nikon D7100 in hopes of doing some super macro photography. You can see some of my photos on celticcow.com but it is a slow process getting these photos up. 

I look forward to perusing this site for information and asking questions.

Cheers

Kerry

#454 DivingMeCrazy

DivingMeCrazy

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

Greetings,

I have been lurking on these forums for awhile and really like what I see.  I started diving in 2010, and I have since caught the diving bug.  I started shooting with a Panasonic DMC point and shoot, and after a few upgrades, Olympus E-PL1 and EM-5.  I am now shooting with a Olympus E-M1 in a Nauticam housing, and I am very pleased with this system.  I am always looking to learn and share in my never ending photography journey.   I have posted a few images on my site www.divingmecrazy.com.

Cheers,

Christian

DivingMeCrazy http://www.divingmecrazy.com

Camera: Olympus E-M1, Nauticam Housing, 2 x Sea&Sea D1's, Nauticam float arms, Saga 67mm flip, Subsee +10

#455 jordanletallec

jordanletallec

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hi, I'm 32 yo living in Poland, diving since 3 years looking forward to take my eos600D underwater soon...

#456 Jamesknox

Jamesknox

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hi, James from the UK. I have used Wetpixel as a reference site for some while. Here to learn and maybe contribute.

#457 stratman58

stratman58

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:43 PM

Hi I'm Alex from Singapore, I tend to dive mostly in Indonesia

#458 psung

psung

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

hi!

#459 geoffcowap

geoffcowap

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

Hi all fellow underwater snappers (only joking). I've been photographing funderwater for about ten years, but never beyond compact cameras. Now interested in taking my Nikon D7000 down with me. Looking for a decent housing for starters.Frog Fish 1600.jpg (Frogfish taken on Canon G10)

#460 henryfradley

henryfradley

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

hello