• Please log in to reply
484 replies to this topic

#61 MikeK

MikeK

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hi guys, just joined the forum. A little bit about myself...
129 dives, PADI Master Scuba, about to take the plunge into Tec diving
I love underwater photography, but have not got a lot of experience, i just bought a Sony NEX-5N, and now looking for a housing. I also bought a Inon S2000 strobe (need a manual desperately)

I hope I can find some useful tips on equipment and techniques on this forum, as well as advice on equipment

#62 Lachlanmckenzie

Lachlanmckenzie

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hey dudes I'm Lachlan I live in qld Australia and am pretty keen on surf photography.

#63 Guy

Guy

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:30 AM

Howzit! I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa and a NAUI Master Diver. I have just bought a Canon 60D and Tokina 10-17mm, wrapped in an Ikelite Housing with an 8"dome port and 2 x Ikelight Pro-2800 LED Video-Lites. Will have to be careful not to fry any Nudi's...hehe! Anyway, got a lot to learn before my baited Tiger Shark dive end of March! Hope to get some good footage...and learn how to get that footage here :)

#64 kmo_underwater

kmo_underwater

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

I'm Cam from Western Australia. All my shots are taken freediving as I like the challenge and the freedom. I usually shoot wide angle stuff and I'm slowly getting used to introducing strobes. I'm here to learn :)

#65 robovet

robovet

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi--

New member Marc laxineta---

www.robovet.net

looking forward to sharing and learning from other members--

Thanks,

marc

#66 Grg

Grg

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hello !

My name is Greg, I am new in underwater photography. I am curently shooting in artificial waters and with a waterproof compact (nikon AW100) but I am looking forward to buy an underwater housing for my canon EOS 5DmkII and go to the wild wild blue.

I am more interested in underwater people than underwater fauna and flora, but I really like to shot underwater.

I am from Belgium.

#67 mzdkTV

mzdkTV

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

Hey all,

I recently made the switch from spearfishing and really enjoy taking underwater photos/videos now. My new weapon of choice is a m43 (GF2), which I've learned to love and hate. Feel free to browse a selection of my pics and videos on flickr and youtube:

http://www.flickr.co...s/mazdaquarium/
http://www.youtube.com/mzdktv

#68 bakasaru

bakasaru

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

Hi all,

building up my first u/w setup now, learning a lot from this forum...

#69 SwiftFF5

SwiftFF5

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Water Rescue (Public Safety Diving) - yeah, I'm a mud crawler.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

Newly registered member here. I've been lurking for a while, but finally decided to register (thanks for the push Focker). I'm getting ready to leave for Coco View Resort on Roatan - fourth trip there - in nine days. I'll be shooting my new Canon Vixia HF-S30 in a Light and Motion Bluefin with two Sola 500 lights. I'd rather have gotten some larger lights, and may upgrade in the future depending on what I see from this trip, but I got a great deal on the lights from Backscatter as a trade-in on my old system. Anyway, that's enough about me for now, but I'd really like to thank everyone for the great posts that I've been reading here while I've been lurking. This is a great community, and its nice to be a part of it.
Canon Vixia HF-S30, L&M Bluefin Pro
Public Safety Diver

#70 Mike410

Mike410

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

Greetings, from Toronto, Canada!

#71 les11222

les11222

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Hi, Les Sharp from Bondi in Sydney, Australia. I am at the older end of the scale at 72, and a dedicated photographer out of the water. I have done some diving, got to blue corner in Palau with a minder, but did not take any photos there. I do have an aquatech housing for a canon 1D which I have used as a pole camera to photograph the great white shark inspecting divers inside the cage in False bay Capetown. Haven't quite got the composition right yet, but will try again. So I thought I'll join this forum and get some advice.

#72 MrPfeffer

MrPfeffer

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hello, Im new to the whole photography thing but thoroughly enjoying it. I bought my first and only UW camera cheap as just a memory saver basically and now looking at getting better at doing it.

#73 Janeybug

Janeybug

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hi, my name is Jane and I am an amateur photographer and I am trying my hand at underwater photography and hope to learn some things by reading this forum.

#74 pKai

pKai

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hello..... name is Mario -- just joined. Great site...

Was wondering why I cannot edit my profile? Says I don't have permission.

#75 Giles

Giles

International Supermodel

• 2618 posts
  • Interests:water and sun my friend, thats what turns me on.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Mario,

have you tried to alter your profile since you made your first post ?
me on the web >> journal / flickr / portfolio
i use >> my camera, eye & stunning good looks

#76 spoolin01

spoolin01

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

Hello, new member here. Mike from the SF Bay Area, diving 15 years, hack about with UW photo. Always looking to learn something new.

#77 rockcityphoto

rockcityphoto

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Hello everyone. Fairly new diver from Orlando here. I've been doing photography above sea for about a decade now and I'm looking to get into it underwater as well. I have a Nikonos V currently, but had a problem with it and it flooded and I'm contemplating the jump to digital now.

#78 devoss18

devoss18

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

My name is Dena. I live in Iowa so I don't get to do much diving other than about 1 week a year. I have just started to upgrade to a new camera and i am excited to learn more about UW photography!

#79 Zanshin

Zanshin

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid sailor and have recently taken up scuba diving and underwater photography (the latter two are why I ended up in this forum); I also fly gliders and practice Aikido.<br />

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:19 AM

Greetings from the Caribbean! I have looked into this forum in the past but have finally started taking my own underwater pictures, the thumbnail below was taken the day before yesterday at Ile Fourchue off St. Barths in the Caribbean; if you click on the link it will take you to my blog calendar and any day with an underwater themed thumbnail will contain dive photos. Bear with me, I'm still learning the appropriate dive technique and will use this forum and its members to learn how to use the equipment at my disposal (Ikelite housing for D7000 and DS160 strobe with a 35mm and 10-24 zoom lens with diopters for macro) to its fullest extent.

Posted Image
-Zanshin (SV-Zanshin)

#80 mikey1299

mikey1299

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:40 PM

My name is Mike. I am from WI. I have been vacation diving for a few years with a cheap point and shoot and am ready to take the plunge deeper into underwater photography. I was told this way the place.