• Please log in to reply
575 replies to this topic

#101 Donstar83

Donstar83

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

Hi all, complete newbie to this. I want to be able to share my experiences with friends, and the say a picture paints a thousand words!!

#102 Lizelle

Lizelle

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

I need to reply to an existing post in order to post something... so here it is

#103 Danny Dives

Danny Dives

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:12 AM

Hey all,

Bought a point n' shoot, took it onto a few UK dive trips and fell in love with underwater photography! So here I am, looking to upgrade my current system.

:P

#104 dsdiver

dsdiver

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

First post!

#105 Blurke

Blurke

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hi there. I am David. Live and work on the South Coast in UK. Also spend time working for Plastic Oceans. Quite new at the U/W photography lark but love it.

#106 mblazer

mblazer

Starfish

• Team Wetpixel
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Photography -- UW and landscape
    Harleys
    Diving -- anywhere, any time

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

Hello to all. Just joined Wetpixel on the recommendation of someone we met on a recent trip to Utila. I've been diving for several years, and have been an avid amateur photographer since high school - many many moons ago. Got into UW photography 2 years ago, using a Sealife DC1000. I've done enough with it now that I've decided it's time to move up. I'll be converting my D700 to my UW camera, and will be getting the Nauticam housing. Principal lens will be the Nikkor 14-24 F2.8. Looking forward to many more years of taking only pictures and leaving only bubbles.
I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out
in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom
of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.

#107 etan714

etan714

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

hello everyone..
Iam joining the forums.. I shoot sports for a newspaper and am looking to take my photography diving. I am thinking of starting with a point and shoot or micro 4/3rds depending on what I can find used..I look forward to using the forums for advice and showing you all some images down the line

thanks
nate

#108 Jeremy M

Jeremy M

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

Aloha from Oahu, Hawaii! My name is Jeremy and I have been shooting UW video off and on for about a year as a freediver. I am now looking to move in a different direction with my gear and will probably shoot stills only. This forum was recommended to me by the folks at Backscatter and I'm looking forward to learning much more from what I can already see is a wealth of information here.

-Jeremy

#109 Scuba_Doo

Scuba_Doo

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Hi, I'm relatively new to underwater photography, starting taking photos in November 2011 and adding in dual strobes in January 2012.

I have a Canon Powershot S95 with an Ikelite housing and two Sea&Sea YS-01 strobes, with a set of arms and platform bought from Optical Ocean Sales.
Canon Powershot S95 with dual Sea&Sea YS-01 strobes

#110 dpc

dpc

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

Hi
I'm from Santa Cruz, CA. My wife and I run a small dive travel and certification scuba business. I've been shooting video for a few years. Recently flooded my camera on our last trip so I'm in the market for a new one.

Dan Chua

#111 Rynds1

Rynds1

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hey whats up guys, my names Evan and I just joined the forums. Look forward to talking to all of you.

#112 BrendanDew

BrendanDew

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

HI new here, been looking at the site for awhile. :) Ive been shooting with my olympus for afew years now, and more recently my lumix :) thought its about time I join :)

#113 SharonF

SharonF

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

HI I'm Sharon, not too hard to guess from my user name & i have been shooting with an Olympus E330 for about 5 years. Have found wetpixel really great in the past so i thought i would join ;-)

#114 Elastek

Elastek

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hey all !

Finally posting on the forums after having used them so many times and digging so much useful tips and help over time.

I'm a marine biologist / instructor and have been lucky enough to see & work in some of the nicest coral reef environments in the world.

I am currently between jobs and just bumming around SE Asia. A couple of weeks in Raja Ampat, another couple of weeks in Sipadan, and already considering a trip back to RA, which blew my mind for ever !

I also just finished setting up my 1st photo website which i'm posting in the 'photo galleries' forum, have a look !

Thanks for the support & best fishes !!

H.

#115 angelina

angelina

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Kitchens Sale Leeds

We have Tons of kitchen shops and kitchen manufactures in Leeds. www.ex-display-kitchens.co.uk is by far the cheapest hence the name I suppose. Not quite Leeds but just on the border near Halifax I think. Looked on the internet for a kitchen for sale in Leeds and got three local companies round to give me a price and two from down south. The local companies were half the price of the guys down south. So if you're looking for a kitchen for sale in Leeds then my advice is shop local.

Kitchens Sale Leeds

Edited by angelina, 20 June 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#116 chile

chile

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

mandatory reply ;)

#117 Murch

Murch

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

Hi all !

My name is Marcelo, and i'm totaly adicted to photography !
I got my first UW camera 4 years ago (sealife) and now.. i've just upgraded to a new one:

- Canon S100
- Ikelite housing for S100
- UL arms (5" and 3")
- Inon S2000 strobe fiber Optic conected

I hope to lear a lot arround here!

Cya!

#118 Imaginara

Imaginara

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Howdie yall. Been lurking and reading on and off and as i just recently managed to do my very first underwater shoot decided to start be more active =)

Got a Ikelite housing with the smallest DS51 strobe and the large dome for the 17-40 F4L on my Canon EOS 5D Mk2. Worked suprisingly well considering the circumstances i was shooting in, c:a 1 m visibility, dark, murky waters, lot of particles in the water, no sunlight (raining on the surface ;). And it performed like a charm, very happy =)

Going to post the first pictures in the gallery section when im allowed to post there =)

And other than that, im Swedish, 40 years old, ex-scuba instructor (PADI OWSI) and technical diver (IANTD Adv. Nitrox) and an old apnea diver to boot. I work as a fashion photographer normally so you can guess what kind of animals im shooting in the water ;)

#119 doubtingGunnel

doubtingGunnel

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hello from the cold waters of the Pacific NW. Photography is my passion. My main focus is wildlife photography and I have been slowly expanding into underwater photography. I've learned a great deal of things lurking through the forums and would like to contribute when possible.

#120 Oceandreamadeandean

Oceandreamadeandean

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hi all,
My name is Dean & I've just discovered wetpixel, which seems to full of helpful advise and plenty of stunning photos.
I'm a novice in the underwater photography lark, but have been quite successful in the past using my Fuji finepix Z100fd (digi) although I now wish to step up a level & invest in my 1st DSLR. I rather fancy a Nikon, but am not sure which model will best suit my needs. I'm rather into my critters so will probably be shooting macro most of the time, although I would also like it to incorporate a video function. I have been considering the D3100 & the D3200 purely because they're aimed at newbies like me, although I'm always open to advise if you think there's a different model that will suit my needs better.
I look forward to your help & advise.