• Please log in to reply
597 replies to this topic

#121 karmaportrait

karmaportrait

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hey - I'm Chris, currently living in New York. Looking to get into surf photography specifically.

#122 sandiecarter2

sandiecarter2

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hi, my name is Sandie from the North East of England. Been diving several years. Favourite diving is with the seals in the Farnes

#123 RobertJC55

RobertJC55

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:photography, videography, keeping fit and staying healthy (for diving of course!)

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

Hi,

My name is Robert. I have been diving since 1977 and since the advent of digital photography become really keen again. I am going to dive in Bonaire August 20-27, 2012 and would be pleased to meet anyone there. Make contact if you want to.......
Kind regards,

Robert

#124 DorianRail

DorianRail

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hi all. My name is Dorian and I'm 24. Lived in cornwall all my life and plan on staying a I love it here. My first ever camera was a 5mp vivitar from argos that came with a water housing. Bough for a trip to Egypt and have been hooked on underwater photography ever since. Now got my self a nikon d80 in an ikelite houseing after getting so fed up with my fuji xp30 repeatedly leaking and spending more time at jessops for repair than with me and in the water. Just signed up after reading The Underwater Photographer by Martin Edge (brilliant book) which as I'm sure many of you know mentions wetpixel quite a few times. Can't actually dive yet (planning to learn this year) but am always out snorkeling. Hoping to meet some new people to go out snorkeling with as I'm am driving most of my friends nuts by going on about photography all the time.

Anyway, sorry for wafleing on. Hi to all.

#125 Grapplergreg

Grapplergreg

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hey all,

My name is Greg and I'm from Sydney, Australia. I have been shooting underwater for a couple of years. Thought I should join the discussion.

Look forward to it.

Edited by Grapplergreg, 30 July 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#126 PureLiquidPhoto

PureLiquidPhoto

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Hi I'm Cristy. My husband and I just started an underwater portrait photography business in San Antonio Tx, Pure Liquid Photography, www.pureliquidphoto.com, We have been really enjoying taking the underwater portraits! With years of taking pictures underwater both in pool and while free diing and scuba diving it seems like a natural fit. I just came across this website and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Cristy Lum
Pure Liquid Photography - Underwater Portrait Photography in San Antonio, TX

#127 Guest_brentcrosby_*

Guest_brentcrosby_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:38 AM

If you are searching for quality film equipment’s at affordable prices, all you need to do is to our online store. If you are someone who had worked in a film production company, you might know how difficult it is to buy quality cine products without burning a hole in your pocket.Not only a package but we have a large range of camera and other equipment to fulfill your film production needs. In order being more specific with the products we provide please visit our online store

------------------------------------------------

Gimbal Head

#128 uidyn

uidyn

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

Hello everyone,
I'm a seller and i would like to know what kind of goods you guys like to buy.

I've joined wetpixel so I can learn from the best. The members here seem to be very helpful, and I look forward to becoming part of the community.

#129 cjs_777

cjs_777

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Underwater Photography of course! :P

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

Hi everyone!

My name's Chris and I'm from Cape Town, South Africa :)

#130 Cindiver

Cindiver

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hello from southern California
yes I do dive "cold"CA water. I am upgrading my camera system and am looking forward
to learning with all of you
Cindiver

#131 3ricj

3ricj

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi there,

3ric Johanson here from Seattle, WA USA. I'm a "new" diver (got my ticket Sept of '11, just about a year ago), but I've had a chance to dive at a few sites including:

- At a few sites around Seattle (alki, burian, etc)
- Israel/Hafia
- Galpagos
- San Andres Island, Colombia

I've been a o2-based-photographer for years, shooting mostly on Canon stuff. When I got into diving I wasn't sure that it was going to be worth a major investment into gear, so I started off small on a housing on my Canon S90. I've made some changes to the flash configuration but that's still what I'm shooting on for now. However, i've hit the limits...

At some point soon I'll get a housing for my 5dmk2 (or mk3 if I upgrade?).. but I'm also balancing that burn rate with new dive gear (I am looking at nice dive computers... so much gear needed for this hobby. :)

Anyway, my flickr is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3ricj

I'm still learning the ins and outs of getting good shots underwater. I don't have anything super awesome yet. As an avid traveler, I'm a huge fan of traveling light. This diving hobby kinda rubs me the wrong way as it's bumping into my bagage limits despite my fancy pants airline status... why on earth am I checking more than my bodyweight in equipment while going on vacation? Gone are the days of only having a small carry on..

Finally, yes, my legal name is '3ric Johanson'.

Cheers,

#132 Abucs

Abucs

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Hello,

How's everyone doing? Busy bubbling around?

Glad I found this forum. Hopefully can find some help with identifying some critters.

Cheers.
Planning for your dive trip again? Need an alternative site to look for your flights and hotels? Check this site out.

#133 sumedha7

sumedha7

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Ornithology, Travel, literature

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

Hi All,

I am Sumedha and just joined the forum. I am very new to uw photography and I am planning to shoot basically in Sri Lanka and Australia.
I am equiped with below stuff;

Lumix GX 1 + Auticam housing + YS-D1 + fish eye

So I am having a lot of hopes on mirrorless.

Cheers

#134 JamesB84

JamesB84

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

Hi, I'm James...

I'm from Sunny Devon in the UK and I'm a relatively new diver. Got my PADI OW this summer before a holiday to the Maldives and have definitely caught the diving bug.

Professionally, I work as a Sports Photographer so obviously the U/W Photography thing is going to be a big part of my diving.

I'm currently using my girlfriend's IXUS 230HS underwater and getting some interesting results...clearly this U/W stuff is going to be the next big investment!

I'm also looking at getting into U/W video using dSLR when I eventually have the cash to buy housings and ports.

#135 Behold

Behold

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hi

My name is Antony and I'm trying to find a forum which responds!! I have tried a few and activity is either light or only resend to long term members. I have come here as it looks like a friendly bunch.

Hope I'm welcomed!!!

Little abut me. I have been diving casually for about 6 years and the last 3 I started photography with a Canon G9 and a Canon case. I am also a casual photographer above ground with a canon 50d and a range of Lenses.

I'm now looking at taking my photography up a level after an accident with my G9 above ground had rendered it not great for use now. At the same time up my kit to a better solution. I'll post in the relevent forum for that.

#136 kc_moses

kc_moses

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hi all! Greeting from Kansas City area! I'm originally from Malaysia, but now is living in the US! Picked up scuba diving a couple years ago and now I'm hook! Working as a Multimedia programmer draws me more to play around with video and photo underwater!

From,
Moses

#137 Richard960

Richard960

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

Hello everyone. Richard from the UK West Country. I have been diving for about 10 years now in the UK, the Red Sea and the Caribbean. A relative newcomer to underwater photography, I shall be reading posts connected with strobe lighting and macro photography with particular interest.

Edited by Richard960, 13 October 2012 - 08:39 AM.

#138 evenalie

evenalie

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Even A. Lie from Norway popping in to have a look.
Ive been taking a few thousand underwater pictures with varying results and am looking into replacing my good old G7 now..

#139 kieran

kieran

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hi my name is Kieran, i am from Bristol in the UK but live and work in Beijing, China. Just getting started with UW photography using a canon s100.

#140 alfred

alfred

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hi everyone I'm Alfred and I'm new in this forum. I know that forums are a good place to learn and interact with other people , so that people can share their experience with each other.