594 replies to this topic

#81 AnnettePapa

AnnettePapa

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

Hi Everyone!!

I'm brand new to WetPixel.com, and pretty much brand new as a photographer. I'm a dive instructor who's looking for a little 'more' out of my personal dives, so photography seems like a pretty rewarding challenge.

I just picked up a D7000, which I'm excited to splash with it soon!!

I really hope to learn a lot from everyone here!

Thanks!!

Annette Papa

#82 tomcomet

tomcomet

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:UW Photopraphy, SCUBA, ice climbing, mountain biking, fitness, art, books, and living a life full of adventure.

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hello. New to wetpixel. Been shooting UW photo and video since my first dives just over three years ago. Recently stepped up to the big leagues though as I took the plunge and bought a housing (Aquatica) and strobes (Sea & Sea YS 110A) for my 5D MKII. Just back from my first trip with the new rig to Roatan and loving it. Saturday I'll be taking it under the ice so I will see if I can work all the controls with dry gloves. I'm loving it!

TC

#83 MandyH

MandyH

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new here. My name is Mandy and I'm hoping to get some great advice for an upcoming vacation that I'm starting to plan for. It involves heading to the Dominican Republic to swim with Humpback Whales! I look forward to learning about underwater photography! :swimmingfish:

#84 Puffer Fish

Puffer Fish

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Hi, just joined today.

Been a photographer for a very long time, back when a professional camera was a medium or large format one. Been a scuba instructor almost as long. My first camera was an argus C3, My first Medium format camera was a C-330 (interchangeable dual lens), first large format was a speed graphic and my first digital was a Fuji.

Originally learned under Minor White and Ansel Adams and the zone system and over the years have done pretty much every type of photography.

Currently, I do most of my diving between Panama City and Pensacola Florida where diving tends to be a lot of the 3 "d's"... Deep, Dark and Dirty.

As such, most of my photography is portrait images of fish, which have been used by a variety of Universities, The smithsonian and just recently the next addition of Reef books.

I teach underwater photography, mostly with advanced point and shoot cameras, and take pictures with everything from a simple point and shoot to a panasonic GH-1.

#85 n2dcwitme

n2dcwitme

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hi. I'm Josh from central California. Unfortunately, I no longer dive and would like to give my gear a new home.

#86 gosu

gosu

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

hello,
I am French and I am looking to share experiences on this forum.
see you soon!

#87 billginthekeys

billginthekeys

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:44 AM

hello,
I am French and I am looking to share experiences on this forum.
see you soon!

Checking in from the sunny Florida Keys.

Long time Canon photographer, and life long on the water, new to combining the two into underwater photography.

#88 upsidedown

upsidedown

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:11 AM

Hi Everyone,
My name is Giovanni and I live and work in Thailand as a diving instructor. My girlfriend is a professional videographer, and we recently purchased a DSLR with underwater housing.
Since then I've been fun diving everytime I could and really getting into UW photography.
I love this forum and I'm really looking forward to exchange stories, info and tips.
Giovanni

#89 rudelight

rudelight

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hi All,

Just joined up and very happy to do so. I've been diving for 39 of my 48 years and am a professional photographer topside, doing a lot of aerial work, but love to visually play underwater. Shooting a Canon T2i with a Nauticam housing after years with the point and shoots and it's a new blue planet. Love the Quarterly and level of expertise and involvement here.

More Soon

Mike Light/San Francisco

#90 roberto.formiga

roberto.formiga

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Hello all! My name is Roberto, from Brazil. I'm a Wetpixel fan for so long and I've learned a lot here reading the posts and articles. Now I would like to participate in the forum also. Part of my work can be seen at the site indicated below.

See you all soon!
www.robertoformiga.com

#91 wilsan

wilsan

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

i'm new, but this seems tough to enforce.

#92 juusom

juusom

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

Hi everyone and greetings from Finland!

My name is Juuso and I have dived few years, but just last year I started to do underwater photography too. I'm very excited and have been reading a lot of forums. I hope I can now start take part in some discussions too.

#93 warnerbob18

warnerbob18

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

Warner bob this side :D

#94 Pauline

Pauline

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hi there, My name is Pauline and I joined this forum to ask some questions and maybe sell some of my used gear down the line. Hailing from Redondo Beach. Long live Catalina Island. Cheers. :lol:

#95 thecovetrix

thecovetrix

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hi all,

I'm primarily a cold water diver in Seattle but enjoy forays to warmer climes and bluer water.

I've just taken the plunge and bought my first DSLR after years of happily shooting the Canon G10. I bought a 7D and just ordered the Aquatica housing.

I'm gearing up for an 11-day trip to Curacao and Bonaire (I've been to the latter before, once) - it'll be my first time in the water with the new rig!

Glad to have this forum to answer some of my numerous questions... I'd be surprised if I don't have to log in often during my vacation.

-Ann

#96 Samijgraham

Samijgraham

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Hi! Sami here, new to scuba networking. I work in diving in Montreal and am getting excited for the dive season to finally begin!

#97 BG Ed

BG Ed

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

Hello Everyone,I am a scuba instructor with some basic UW photo experience in the last ten years. I just upgraded to a Canon 5D MK III, and I anticipate doing more and more imaging now both topside and under water. Looking forward to learning from everyone here. Best wishes for safe diving and great pics.Ed

#98 dr_pabs

dr_pabs

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hi

I am Paul, based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Been doing underwater photography for a couple of years with compacts.

Just got a Hugyfot housing for my D7000, along with all the toys, courtesy of Andy Fenn, at Blue Orb/Hugyfot UK.

Just need some time over the next few weeks to get out diving and try my new kit out. Will provide an update as I progress.

Paul.

#99 Sillyfish

Sillyfish

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hello from Vancouver,

I started diving when I was 14, I am now "older" and my body says "no more." Huge bummer. So here I am trying to sell my beloved camera equipment and I am finding out that perhaps it has become a bit of a boat anchor as it is all film based.

Does anybody out there purchase Nikonos's and film based housings? I have Ikelite strobes and strobe arms coming out my ying yang (can you say that on here?). Any how as I reconnect with the diving community, after a lengthy break I am reminded of why I liked diving so much. Divers are just good people, enthusiastic and fun.

Cheers
Sillyfish

#100 Ignacio_Esparza

Ignacio_Esparza

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hi, my name is Ignacio I normaly dive in the north of Spain, now I'm using a D200 with the seacam housing. I hope to learn here and try to help.
Ignacio