• Please log in to reply
489 replies to this topic

#1 rote freiherr

rote freiherr

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:27 AM

Hi- I'm Laurence Ransom from Greensboro NC and have been reading Wetpixel for about a year. I am a realtively new UW diver x 3 years and have just begun serious UW photography. Looking forward to learning better technique etc.. from this site.

#2 nikonsrule

nikonsrule

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:41 AM

Greetings From Fort Myers Fl!
I made the jump from Film to Digital. I spent some time over the last couple months figuring out cameras, housings, strobes etc. Did the pool tests, a couple of shallow dives in the Keys, results OK. I found some good info on this site during that process. Thanks. So, while I am trying new things, why not make my first attempt at participating in (on?) a forum. Off to Bonaire in a couple of weeks so there is no time to waste. lots to learn about the new media.

Edited by nikonsrule, 29 August 2007 - 08:42 AM.

#3 garethc

garethc

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

Hi,

I'm a UK diver, who's looking to sell his Seapro HD Video setup.

Gareth

#4 LCF

LCF

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Diving, cave diving, technical diving, underwater photography, and riding horses

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

Howdy, all! I'm a 57 year old ER doc from Washington State. I've been diving six years, but only recently picked up a camera. I'm using an Olympus 6020 Stylus Tough (mainly because I flooded my first camera, a Dimage, and it did serious psychological damage) and hoping for some help in improving my technique with the camera.

#5 djeclarke

djeclarke

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Greetings from St Andrews, Scotland. I'm currently studying for a masters in Marine Mammal Science and started diving age 12 (11 years and still comfortably obsessed!). I was lucky enough to get hold of an Ikelite housing and DS-125 strobe for my Nikon D70 when a diving colleague upgraded. Unfortunately i've since been unable to afford anything more than the 18-70mm kit lens but hopefully that'll change once I escape the poverty of studentship!

#6 patpatty

patpatty

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

Hi- I'm Laurence Ransom from Greensboro NC and have been reading Wetpixel for about a year. I am a realtively new UW diver x 3 years and have just begun serious UW photography. Looking forward to learning better technique etc.. from this site.

#7 Xperia Hot Shots

Xperia Hot Shots

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:34 AM

Hi I'm Jonny, A Television Director from London and new to the world of underwater photography. We will be filming an underwater photography session in California on Saturday 30th July.

I would like to ask if anyone has any advice on where I would be able to Hire/Borrow underwater Housing for a Sony Alpha A55 camera to be used in our shoot? This would have to be from the San Diego area if possible.

And secondly, we are looking for a great underwater Photographer to give our pupil a short lesson (on land) and then take them snorkelling to take some pictures. Does this sound like something any of you in the California area would be interested in?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#8 wwalker

wwalker

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

Hi, I'm Wes Walker from New Orleans originally but I currently live in Newport Beach, CA. I'm new to underwater photography and diving. I thought since I live this close to the ocean I should start acting on my interests in diving and photography. If there are any beginner tips for diving and especially photography in Newport Beach I would greatly appreciate it.

#9 wwalker

wwalker

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

Greetings from St Andrews, Scotland. I'm currently studying for a masters in Marine Mammal Science and started diving age 12 (11 years and still comfortably obsessed!). I was lucky enough to get hold of an Ikelite housing and DS-125 strobe for my Nikon D70 when a diving colleague upgraded. Unfortunately i've since been unable to afford anything more than the 18-70mm kit lens but hopefully that'll change once I escape the poverty of studentship!

Do you know anything about the Duke Marine Lab in Bermuda? My girlfriend is interested in studying marine biology there and I was wondering if you know how reputable it is internationally or anyone that has studied there.

#10 leighdu

leighdu

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

hey there, im 22 and from australia and have been taking underwater photos for around 6 years starting with a $50 MX-5 to an olympus c8080 and now i use a nikon d90.

I work on a yacht so my latest photos are from the Carribean .

you can see some of my work here http://www.leighdunne.com

let me know what you think!

#11 reeftraveler

reeftraveler

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:diving
    travel
    underwater photography
    sharks

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:21 PM

I am new to wetpixel and would like to introduce myself.

I'm an avid snorkeler and certified diver who loves to travel. Exotic dive and snorkel destinations are my passion. I began photographing sea life about 3 years ago, and I have quickly become addicted.

I've joined wetpixel so I can learn from the best. The members here seem to be very helpful, and I look forward to becoming part of the community.
www.reeftraveler.com

#12 bmorescuba

bmorescuba

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, UW Critter ID, IT, Pit Bull Rescue

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

Hi from the Baltimore, MD, USA area!

I joined WetPixel a while back but haven't really gotten serious about diving and photography until recently.

I'm almost up to 100 dives and thousands of very mediocre uw photos. I think I've maxed out my powershot/canon housing/no strobe setup and I'm looking to go to the next level. So I'll be doing lots of reading and research.

Here is the gallery from my latest trip in June to Cozumel:

https://jshare.johns...coz.2011/album/

Brian Cole | Flickr Sets

#13 ElenaC

ElenaC

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:30 AM

Hello all,

I'm an UK diver, been interested in photography for a while and finally bought my first UW camera system (S95 with Ikelite housing) less than a year ago. Unfortunately I just had an issue with it and lost a camera to flooding... :dance: Now I'm feeling a bit scared of it happening again, and a friend recommended I join this forum to get some help!

Cheers
Elena

#14 esetterf

esetterf

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photography<br />Scuba diving<br />Mountain biking

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:38 AM

Hi, I have been dabbling in underwater photography for a couple of years with a compact and after attending a photography course have decided to take it more seriously and move to an SLR. Which has opened up a whole new world of kit, accessories, techniques etc. A daunting prospect.

However, I was advised to join Webpixel as a way to help with the transition process and to hopefully learn some techniques and pick up some useful information.

Looking forward to being a part of Webpixel.

#15 cortie86

cortie86

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

Hullo. Name is Courtney. Spent a year or so as an underwater photographer in Grand Cayman. Now I'm planning to move back to the Caribbean and am looking for new gear!

#16 BigTrees

BigTrees

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 06:40 AM

Hi All,

Names Andrew. Just stopped in to introduce myself. 28 years old, live in Illinois. Spent two years living in The Commonwealth of Dominica. (southern Caribbean). While there I did a Divemaster internship at Cabrits Dive Centre. During the last little bit there, I decided to upgrade my crappy camera and get a good one. Seeing that I couldn't afford to house my Rebel XTI, I started to look for the best point and shoot setup I could find. I bought the Canon G9 with the Patima housing and the YS110 strobe. All in all I spent a little over $2500 for the whole package including an awesome Pelican 1600 to hold it all. Got back to Dominica, used it once when tagging along on a Discover scuba dive in about 8 ft of water. Took a couple videos and some awesome photos.

After that I found out my wife was pregnant so life got crazy and I never got to get it wet again. The G9 was used on land while in Dominica and also after returning to the US. It is an amazing camera and I will be sad to see it go, but I have to sell it all. I have followed this website quite a bit for tips and also used it to make my decision on the G9. Figured I would list it on here and see what happens. I will make a post over in the classifieds.

Glad to finally join, but sad to be selling my camera. Maybe someday soon I will get wet again. That pregnancy led to twin boys that are now two years old. Haven't been diving since before they were born, but it's been the best two years of my life! I can't wait to share the underwater experience with them someday. They are already little fish! Untill then, I need the money to buy them the things they need.

Thanks for listening to my story :-)

Peace and Love

#17 balagan

balagan

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:10 AM

Hi, my name is Stewart.

I'm British but currently live in Dubai. Spend most of my freetime getting wet in Oman (Musandam, Daymaniyat Islands) or off the East Coast of the UAE.

Been taking moist shots for about 8 years, and am currently using a Oly E-520. Recently went to Lembeh (KBR) and am eager to learn about going Super Macro.

A few examples of my mediocre efforts are contained on the following links.

Lembeh Album

Bunaken

Musandam 2011

#18 nick2k6

nick2k6

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:08 AM

hi i'm nick and i'v traveling for two years around southeast asia . i've been use the gf1/14-45 with recsea housing with sea and sea ys-01
and it's been a headache and bit random underwater i hope wetpixel can help

nick

#19 max_oo

max_oo

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hello everyone,
I'm Max from France. PADI instructor and Apple Certified Trainer on Final Cut Pro 7. I have been diving almost non stop for more than a year and a half in south was asia. DMT in Malaysia, working as a DM and IDC in Bali then Instructor and mostly videographer in Thailand making souvenir DVD.
I'm back in my country and just finished amazing dives in the Mediterranean on world class WWII submarine wreck.
I own an EOS 550D, Tokina 11-16mm Wide angle, 50mm with macro adapter, Ikelite Housing. Pro-2800 Lumen and 8" modular dome to come....

Edited by max_oo, 15 August 2011 - 12:38 PM.

PADI & EFR Instructor - Specialties : Nitrox, Oxygen Provider, UW Digital Photography, Deep, Wreck, Search&Recovery
 Certified Trainer - Final Cut Pro 7

#20 gnasher

gnasher

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Diving and making people smile with my pictures :-)

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

Jon Nash from the UK checking in and looking for a underwater housing for a 5DMK II to rent before mine arrives. Any one local to Brightonish that can hep out for a sailing shoot on Tuesday ?