Photo
- - - - -

Does anyone still service Nikonos 5 cameras?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Kay

Paul Kay

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:11 AM

I've been asked if I can suggest anyone who is still able to service and/or repair Nikonos 5 cameras and equipment. Parts it appears are becoming scarce and most of my contacts appear no longer are able to help. Any suggestions (with contact emails) gratefully received.
Paul Kay, Canon EOS5D/5DII, SEACAM/S45, 15, 24L, 60/2.8 (+Ext12II) & 100/2.8 Macros - UK/Ireland Seacam Sales underseacameras & marinewildlife & paulkayphotography & welshmarinefish

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:15 AM

Bob at Southern Nikonos here in Houston still does. I think they have a website.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 Paul Kay

Paul Kay

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1724 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:27 AM

Bob at Southern Nikonos here in Houston still does. I think they have a website.

Cheers
James

Thanks James

I had come across Southern Nikonos before (I realised when I looked at their website) and I've passed on the details.
Paul Kay, Canon EOS5D/5DII, SEACAM/S45, 15, 24L, 60/2.8 (+Ext12II) & 100/2.8 Macros - UK/Ireland Seacam Sales underseacameras & marinewildlife & paulkayphotography & welshmarinefish

#4 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2854 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:59 AM

I've been asked if I can suggest anyone who is still able to service and/or repair Nikonos 5 cameras and equipment. Parts it appears are becoming scarce and most of my contacts appear no longer are able to help. Any suggestions (with contact emails) gratefully received.

Subaquatic Camera is a great shop. Good guys and knowledge. Worth contacting them. At one point (may still do so) I am pretty sure they make their own replacement parts also for things they knew would be difficult to get. Have had Nikonos and other items serviced by them and they never tell you you need something if you do not and will dissuade you (or at least point out) things that may not make sense to do.

Services and Pricing

#5 Stefin

Stefin

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:04 PM

Thought you might be interested in a repairer from Blighty. K.M.R. PHOTOGRAPHICS in essex is the place I use, good guy. telephone 08456588805.

#6 Jim

Jim

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:wreck and wide angle

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:21 PM

I've always had great service at backscatter.com. Although it's been over a year since my last service.

#7 scubamarli

scubamarli

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:38 AM

I beleieve Underwater Photo Tech still services Nikonos as well.
Cheers,
Marli
Marli Wakeling

www.marliwakeling.com
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. ~Carl Zwanzig