• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Canon Shooter

Canon Shooter

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 08:45 AM

Up for sale are a Canon D30 in excellent condition, a 28-80 USM Zoom lens and a custom aluminum housing with port. All that for $2,000.

This housing is made out a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum. All controls have Quad Seal rings and are spring loaded to withstand pressure up to 150 feet. The sight glasses are made of 1/8 inch Lexan. The housing was made to accept Ikelite ports, which are quite inexpensive and are available for a great variety of lenses. For corrosion protection the housing was anodized and powder coated. There is one strobe connector on top of the housing. I am currently using two Ikelite 200 Substrobe with a dual cord, which are working only in manual mode, but are very powerful and have a short recycle time. The controls on the camera housing operate the following:
Main Dial,
Shutter Button,
Metering mode/Flash compensation Button,
AF mode/WB button,
AE/FE lock button,
Quick control Dial,
Mode Dial
Menu Button.
Those are the most common controls used and I did not see a need to cram the housing full of controls, which are unnecessary. I am currently using a 1 Gigabyte Micro drive, with a capacity of up to 800 high-resolution images.
The housing with two Ikelite 200 Strobes weighs about 20 pounds on land, and is about 1 pound negative in salt water -- depending on the port chosen.
Please check out the housing on the Digideep website through the following Link

Digideep,

or here on Wetpixel

Wetpixel

The Canon D30 is about 2 years old and in excellent condition and looks like new. If you are not already familiar with the technical details of this camera, please check out Canons website.
The Camera comes with all the software, BP-511 Nicad battery, charger, DC coupler, Interface cable, Neck strap, Manual and a 16MB compact flash card.
Also included is a Canon 28-80 USM zoom lens, which is also in excellent condition.

The housing has been on approx 50 dives and has never been flooded. The reason why I am selling this great setup. Canon just came out with the new 10D and I am going to upgrade. I'll be glad to answer any additional questions.[COLOR=blue]
Kurt Bachlmayr
Canon 5D, Canon 10D backup, Custom Housing w ETTL 2x Canon 550EX.
Check out my new book at: http://www.blurb.com...e/detail/219074

#2 DeepDiver

DeepDiver

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2003 - 06:11 AM

Please can you let me know if you would be interested in selling the housing only - and if so - include a revised price?

Thanks.