5 replies to this topic

#1 Pedda

Pedda

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:20 PM

Hi,

After my dive in the pool when I rinsed my housing in the shower I realized that one of the push buttons where sticking out longer then it should. When I looked inside the housing I could see that the metal part (don't know the English name for it but in Swedish it's called "springryttare") that is keeping the button in place have split into two pieces.

I have no idea how it could happen but now I'm in big trouble since I leave Sweden for work in Egypt in two days with a whole in my housing. :)

I'll try to look around in my local hardware stores tomorrow, but since I live in a small town my hopes to find a new one before my trip is unfortunately low.

Can anyone else think of what kind of shop except a hardware store that might have what I'm looking for?

The button that came out is the lower on of the four that controls the D200 joystick.

// Peter

Edited by Pedda, 15 October 2007 - 01:05 PM.

Peter Bergquist www.pedda.com
D200 / Ike housing / Subtronic Gamma

#2 Panda

Panda

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:Split levels, timelapse, temperate critters.

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:44 PM

If we are talking about the same thing, in Aus it's called an "E" clip. Try a sailing shop, car parts shop or hobby shop that sells model cars or planes.

anewton.net - UW blog - KAP blog
Victoria Australia. Nikon D7000, Lumix LX3. Ikelite. Inon. GoPro 2

#3 Pedda

Pedda

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:53 PM

I found a picture on the internet of the part that I need to get hold of.

/ Peter

Attached Images

• 4505202_773.jpg

#4 Cerianthus

Cerianthus

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:59 PM

Peter,

I bought the backup set, which consists of an entire mix of these. I would be willing to send you a clip. But since it is almost tomorrow now , and I am in the netherlands, it will never get to you in two days.

You could also exchange the eclip from a less used button, and then use a cable tie (tywrap) to secure it. The eclip is there so it wont get out of the housing.

I tried looking for an eclip in generic stores (for a "vieux" french regulator I got somewhere, but i think it will be especially hard to find a proper size (also becaue of the inches vs cm-etrs

Gerard
Gerard

My photo's on flickr
Crop the world ! (Using Canon 20D, 60mm, 100mm, 10-17mm FE, Ikelite)

#5 Pedda

Pedda

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:16 PM

Peter,

I bought the backup set, which consists of an entire mix of these. I would be willing to send you a clip. But since it is almost tomorrow now , and I am in the netherlands, it will never get to you in two days.

You could also exchange the eclip from a less used button, and then use a cable tie (tywrap) to secure it. The eclip is there so it wont get out of the housing.

I tried looking for an eclip in generic stores (for a "vieux" french regulator I got somewhere, but i think it will be especially hard to find a proper size (also becaue of the inches vs cm-etrs

Gerard

Thanks for you help, but as you said it's not enough time for the snailmail to reach Sweden.

/ Peter

#6 Viz'art

Viz'art

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1496 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:32 PM

Try an electronic repair store or camera repair shop, these clips are used in portable sound system to retain the moving covers, and if you have a flat bed scanner chance are you will find one in it, same for your printer. good luck!
Jean Bruneau / Aquatica Technical Advisor

www.vizart.ca

www.aquatica.ca

Aquatica Pro Digital housings for D-300s, AF 10-20mm, AF 10-17mm, AF 14MM, AF 17-35mm, af 17-70mm, AF 20MM, AF 60MM, AF 105MM, 2x Ikelite Ds 160, and TLC arms exclusively