• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pakman

pakman

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1099 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:25 PM

While in Bali, my trusty S&S TTL Converter (Canon) decided to misbehave. This is connected to a Canon 400D in a S&S housing and to 2 Inon Z-240's. Haven't had any problems with this setup before over numerous trips, other than forgetting to put a new battery in the TTL Converter. But the frustrating part was it wouldn't even work when the TTL converter was set to manual. In both TTL and manual mode, it is triggering the strobes but the timing seems off with the camera shutter resulting in black... I had to plug the strobes directly to the housing (bypassing the TTL converter) to get them to properly sync with the camera. But the housing wiring is specific to the TTL Converter (6pin vs 5pin) so while the strobes worked, the strobes would dump randomly on occasions.

Any one else have a similar experience? Wonder if there was a leak in the Converter or something got fried inside :) . I'll will try a fresh new battery tonite just to rule that out (TTL converter is showing a green light though). Luckily I don't have any big trips coming up soon.

Canon 40D, S&S MDX-40D housing, Inon Z-240's
Sony HC7 & Gates Housing

#2 pakman

pakman

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1099 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:29 AM

Well the battery wasn't the problem. Currently in contact with the local S&S distributor to see if they can test it locally or it will need to be sent back to Japan...

Canon 40D, S&S MDX-40D housing, Inon Z-240's
Sony HC7 & Gates Housing