3 replies to this topic

#1 Luigiv

Luigiv

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:17 AM

Good day,

I'm a professional photog from South africa, a couple of years back I did some underwater portraits and fashion with a Nikonos V. I now want ot get an Ikelite housing for my 20d or 5d eos.

I'm also looking for a photo by David Doubilet, my friend don't believe me that such an image exist. It's one of his typical above/under water splits, showing a great white below the water and a boy on a surfboard above the water, unaware of the rising shark.

if anybody can direct me to a website where i can look at this picture again I'll be greatfull.

thanks Louis

#2 yahsemtough

yahsemtough

Great Canadian Mokarran

• Senior Moderator
  • 3495 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:21 AM

Here is his personal website. You could also contact them through the website. I am not familiar with the shot you mention.

http://www.daviddoubilet.com/

Cheers

Todd
Todd Mintz
tmintz.com
all photographs posted Todd C Mintz

#3 Dan Schwartz

Dan Schwartz

Sting Ray

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:NASCAR & IndyCar photography; large format photography; wet darkroom work. Getting ready to drag my gear underwater...

Posted 30 October 2007 - 05:56 AM

The photo is entitled Young Fisherman With Tiger Shark, Mexico 00177
and is here, then scroll to the right.

I'm also looking for a photo by David Doubilet, my friend don't believe me that such an image exist. It's one of his typical above/under water splits, showing a great white below the water and a boy on a surfboard above the water, unaware of the rising shark.

I love the smell of fixer in the morning!

#4 Luigiv

Luigiv

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:01 AM

Here is his personal website. You could also contact them through the website. I am not familiar with the shot you mention.

http://www.daviddoubilet.com/

Cheers

Todd

Thanks. I found the image, in his portfolio under "sharks". But not as dramatic as i remembered, the boy is a fisherman not a surfer and the shark is a tiger not a Great White. still, great shot.

L