• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sean

sean

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 01:43 PM

I think I already know the answer to this, but let's ask anyway. I have a UK-Germany D60 housing, and upgraded my D60 to a 10D, which doesn't quite fit (and even if it did I could no longer control flash exposure compensation or ISO while U/W, which isn't acceptable). So far I've seen no indication that UK-Germany is going to build a 10D housing, and even if they do it probably won't appear until next year. I pinged that dude in Canada who deals the UK-G housings, but no response so far.

So, with an apparent uptick in the housings being built for the 10D (Subal and Jonah that I know of), would it be possible to get a new housing and use my UK-Germany ports with it? And if so, how about my strobe housings? I assume not, but I seem to remember Eric using some other manufacturer's ports with his UK-G housing.

Assuming that doesn't work, does anyone know if these new 10D housings support using housed Canon system strobes with their own stuff? I truly prefer them to a manual setup (yes, e-ttl works really well -- seriously, it does).

Thanks, I have a few months before my next big trip and I'm weighing my options.

#2 sethgold

sethgold

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 06:58 PM

I got an email from UK-G about 3 weeks ago saying that they were planning a housing for the 10D, but they didn't even have a camera yet. Why don't you email them and ask if they have an ETA? My experience with the guy from Canada has been kind of lukewarm.

I'm on the verge of canceling my order for a 10D. I'm thinking of waiting 1-2 years, at which point my D60 will be worth $350, the housing will be a doorstop, and starting over.

#3 sean

sean

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 10:22 PM

Well you do make a good point. At this point I'm very much thinking of just buying a used D60 (just sold one!) before my trip in september -- hopefully the prices will drop a bit in the next few months.

#4 Simon K.

Simon K.

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 12:51 AM

Uwe (the U in Uk(ok the K is for his last name)) told me on the BOOT that they start building a housing for the new Canon Camera (there was nothing known for sure back then) as soon they got one. the 10D is available in Germany since approx. 3 Weeks. He told me they need normally 3-6 months to get a housing into series production.

Simon