• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 06 December 2007 - 05:27 PM

Hey all, it's Nick Hope's big bad birthday today. He won't see this for awhile, he's probably out getting stewed and having himself a Thai massage.
Steve B)

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#2 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

Hey all, it's Nick Hope's big bad birthday today. He won't see this for awhile, he's probably out getting stewed and having himself a Thai massage.
Steve B)

Wrong Nick, Steve.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#3 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2005 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:33 PM

Nick Hope's big bad birthday today

No it isn't, it's April 11th! But thanks for the thought, Steve, and all gifts accepted regardless :)

#4 pakman

pakman

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1099 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:50 PM

you still went to the thai massage right Nick? :) j/k

Canon 40D, S&S MDX-40D housing, Inon Z-240's
Sony HC7 & Gates Housing

#5 Cerianthus

Cerianthus

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:28 PM

Nick, I hope at your birthday, you will have at least solved the camera trouble.......

Good luck !
Gerard

My photo's on flickr
Crop the world ! (Using Canon 20D, 60mm, 100mm, 10-17mm FE, Ikelite)

#6 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2005 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:21 AM

I'm starting to feel like the Queen now. The weather's good so why not have an extra birthday!

Pakman, I told them it was my birthday and they came to me. And I didn't even have to ask for a happy ending :D

Cerianthus, the camera's still dead. I'm hoping someone's going to chip in with a new one for me. There's still 4 hours of my "birthday" left.

p.s. Happy birthday Nick Jackson (NickJ) :) We all miss you. Have you been eaten by a great white?

#7 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10647 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:35 AM

Nick.... wrong Nick too.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#8 Scuba_SI

Scuba_SI

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • Interests:Owner / Photo Dude at NAD-Lembeh.

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:17 AM

happy birthday to Nick, who ever he is.

now, about that happy ending.... hahahaha

Nauticam Rossa / 5Dmk3 / A7r / EM-1 / S110

http://vimeo.com/lembehmuckdiver

www.nad-lembeh.com: 2:1 diveguide ratio in an photographer owned / operated resort

#9 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:29 AM

Jeeezasss

Sorry Nick... happy b'day... its been a long time...

Still another year another ......year :angry:

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#10 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2005 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:03 AM

Steve, come and sort this out. Which Nick are you on about?

#11 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1390 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:16 PM

Will the real Nick please step forward.......

#12 ce4jesus

ce4jesus

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1639 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ocean (How'd I end up in Colorado?)<br /><br />A Christian Marine Conservationist?

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

This thread is hilarious..thanks for the laugh. How about Saint Nick?

Edited by ce4jesus, 08 December 2007 - 02:29 PM.

Gary
Olympus E-520, TLC arms, Inon Z-240s, 50mm, 14-42mm woody's diopter

#13 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

Just got back from a shoot in the Socorros and missed all the frivolity here. I thought I was congratulating Nick Hope, but maybe it was Saint Nick after all. I don't know what's up or down anymore. At any rate, I hope someone had a happy ending.
Steve B)

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#14 NickJ

NickJ

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:NATURAL HISTORY
    PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
    SCUBA DIVING
    MOUNTAIN HIKING
    MUSIC
    COMPUTING

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Ta DAAAH! this is the real Nick!! AND it was my birthday yesterday :) - and hi Nick Bubblevision - long time .....

I have been MIA since leaving Singapore in 2008. Lots of adventures since then - including incapacitation though (alcohol?) Achilles tendon rupture - but mostly on dry land. HOWEVER, getting back into diving and video/photography now.

I'm based in Queensland's 'Sunshine Coast' and have dived the wreck of the HMAS Brisbane mutiple times to get back in the mood. My 'old' Sony FX1 and Bluefin Housing is feeling terribly low tech and veeery heavy these days...

We're off to Misool in March for nearly a month's diving, and I'm thinking of buying the GoPro Hero3 for fun/ease of transport. Been reading some good reviews though it seems I'd be stuck with a fixed focus. Certainly would hit the spot re ease of packing, but maybe I'm missing something. Any major negatives??

Good to be back on WP - come dive Queensland and N NSW with me - raggies galore at SW Rocks, Julian Rocks (Byron), Wolf Rock etc etc

Sony RX100+Nauticam+Sea&Sea YS-D1; Sony FX1+Light and Motion BlueFin+SunRay Pro, Sony A1, Nikon D80

#15 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6193 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

welcome back to planet earth Nick.. thought you had fallen off the planet.. interesting that you picked a 6 year old thread to come back to though haha

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#16 NickJ

NickJ

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
    PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
    SCUBA DIVING
    MOUNTAIN HIKING
    MUSIC
    COMPUTING

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

Well I'm catching up though old threads! lol, nice to hear from you Mike - seems all the 'old' crowd is still v active :)

Sony RX100+Nauticam+Sea&Sea YS-D1; Sony FX1+Light and Motion BlueFin+SunRay Pro, Sony A1, Nikon D80

#17 CheungyDiver

CheungyDiver

Tiger Shark

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:Lots. I take things apart, modify things and make things.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Hey Nick

Long time no hear. Come over to Singers sometime. You need to upgrade your Z1 to something .....LOL Its proper HD now and soon 4 times that. Welcome back.
Can't mod your L&M I'afraid.

Cheers
David Cheung

Proprietor of Scubacam, Singapore. Commercial videocameraman. Also shoot digital stills. I modify and built stuff. I love technology. Camera: Red Epic/ Scarlet and soon Dragon

Email: info@scubacam.com.sg

http://www.scubacam.com.sg/

#18 NickJ

NickJ

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
    PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
    SCUBA DIVING
    MOUNTAIN HIKING
    MUSIC
    COMPUTING

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Well I still remember you fixing the PCB on the L&M just before I went to South Africa for my sardine run David. You generously took the board out of your shop unit and gave it to me in exchange for my fried one; for that I am eternally grateful! How are you? evidently Scubacam is alive and well - good job!