• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 laz217

laz217

Salty Pirate

• PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 07:07 PM

This little (err.. not so little) fella is as kind as a puppy---a Pitbull if you stick your hand in his cave.
Lazaro Ruda
Soap box: TheLivingSea.com

#2 herbko

herbko

Herbzilla

• Super Mod
  • 2128 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 09:34 PM

Great job Laz. I really like the composition of this one; the contras of the mostly white eel against the black background, and the coral framing the picture. It may have been even better if you got the strobe lighting a little more even or gotten
the hot spot at his eyes and mouth instead of half way down his body, but I'm just being very picky here. Nice shot!

Herb
Herb Ko http://herbko.net
Canon 5D; Aquatica housing; 2 Inon Z220 strobes; Canon 100mm macro, 17-40mm ; Sigma 15mm FE, 24mm macro, 50mm macro

#3 laz217

laz217

Salty Pirate

• PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 27 April 2002 - 05:54 AM

Thanks Herb! I agree, the lighting was the flaw in the photograph. Strobe placement seems to be one of the toughest things to work with. Although to my defense I must say that the crevice where this little fella was hiding was only large enough to fit the PT-010 case. Now, if only Ike, Sea&Sea, or some other strobe manufacturer would make a good, powerful strobe that's the size of the UK mini flashlight size with a 150 degree coverage. Ike?
Lazaro Ruda
Soap box: TheLivingSea.com