• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DeepDiscovery

DeepDiscovery

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 12:41 PM

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a canon 10D (new, not gray market and with US warranty) for a reasonable price. Most places I have tried say out of stock. Not willing to pay more than $1499. Gateway and Dell both offered 10% off but can't deliver...
Looking for reputable dealer that has the camera in stock.

Thanks in advance for your help

Bill Spadie
Canon 5DIII, 17-40 f4L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro
Aquatica 5DIII, YS-90DX(2)
www.wespicsphotography.com

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 01:14 PM

The only places I have seen that have it in stock are charging $1,650

So keep looking and maybe you'll get lucky or get on a list if you really want it for $1,499. Even the ones on Ebay are going for >$1,499

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 Cybergoldfish

Cybergoldfish

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
  • Interests:Don't include plankton

Posted 18 April 2003 - 01:20 PM

You're lucky to get it for that - We poor suckers in UK are expected to pay 1640.00 thats $2600+!!!

#4 jnsgonda

jnsgonda

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 02:10 PM

Hello all,

Saw Canon 10D at Best Buy in Thousand Oaks CA last weekend for $1499.00 in stock.
Possibly try BestBuy.com?

Good luck!

John
Nikon D-200, Ikelite Housing, Dual DS-125 Strobes.

#5 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 02:29 PM

Gateway had a sale recently where you could get one for $1350 (10% off), but I think it's over.

If you can wait, you can support wetpixel by going to our front page and clicking on the Ritz camera link "Pre-order the Canon 10d" :)

I actually sold one D60 and bought a 10d from BH Photo for $1499. It arrived in a week. Note that they charge your card immediately, even if the camera isn't in stock.

Also, goodguys.com has 10% off all orders over $199. No 10d is listed on their site right now, but you can call them up and order one, supposedly. However, I'd assume that their lead times are high. :)
Eric Cheng - Administrator, Wetpixel -

#6 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9968 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 03:26 PM

So Eric,

Does the 10D fit in your UK-Germany housing? Inquiring minds want to know!

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#7 bobjarman

bobjarman

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 April 2003 - 05:45 PM

have you tried www.canogacamera.com. There web site is showing it. You might call and ask Greg Noble. He's a great guy.

The other place to check is uniquephoto.com Thats the place i got my 1d, super service and smooth transaction.

#8 wetpixel

wetpixel

Wetpixel

• Admin
  • 2943 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 02:04 PM

Does the 10D fit in your UK-Germany housing? Inquiring minds want to know!

I've heard from at least one other person that the UK Germany housing will NOT fit the 10d (at least, their specific setups). The front fits, but the back does not -- meaning that it makes it impossible for any proper use of the camra.

I couldn't test mine because ... well, it's packed up. :)
Eric Cheng - Administrator, Wetpixel -

#9 Arnon_Ayal

Arnon_Ayal

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1826 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 04:20 AM

You're lucky to get it for that - We poor suckers in UK are expected to pay 1640.00 thats $2600+!!!

Hi Bob,
Here in the middle east, the importer of Canon is well knowing by his very high prices (he says he bring the Canon products from Europe and the prices there are high ), When the D10 arrived at first he also wanted around 2600-2700$ for the body, a group of amateur photographers from a local photography forum where threaten the importer to go to the press, make him bad reputation and so on, after a moderate pressure he agreed to a more reasonable price of 1900-1950$ for the group (20-30 people), With the local tax & shipment his quit reasonable.
Arnon Ayal www.arnonayal.com
Nikon D200, Ikelite housing, Dual SB105.

#10 Cybergoldfish

Cybergoldfish

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
  • Interests:Don't include plankton

Posted 20 April 2003 - 07:27 AM

Hi Arnon,

I suggest that you enquire in Dubai: The Canon dealer there is located behind the twin tower building, over looking the creek. I purchased several lenses from him in 2K saving around 35% on UK prices.
I'm pissed of tell you the truth that we have to go abroad to get good deals. I'm just glad I get to go to Singpapore a lot!

#11 digitaldiver

digitaldiver

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2003 - 09:38 AM

Of all places, Apple has it listed at $1499.00

http://www.apple.com

Hit the button for the store and then scroll to cameras. Lenses and accessories at good prices, too.

#12 sean

sean

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 09:39 AM

I've heard from at least one other person that the UK Germany housing will NOT fit the 10d (at least, their specific setups).  The front fits, but the back does not -- meaning that it makes it impossible for any proper use of the camra.

This is the experience I had; I can get the 10D inside the UK-G D60 housing, but it's very difficult to close and some of the buttons I feel are must-haves u/w don't work. I already sold my D60 (for $1275! Ebay is amazing), but I'm thinking of just buying a used D60 for use u/w, in a few months after prices drop a bit more. That will probably be cheaper (and certainly a lot more convenient) than trying to get my housing modified to fit the 10D.

As for where to buy the 10D; I got mine from www.PCConnection.com. They don't charge your card until they ship you the camera, I got mine about 10 days after the 10D first started shipping.