• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chromis

chromis

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 04:07 AM

My sync cord used with my Fuji S2 and housed by Ikelite seems to be shorting out and the strobe does not fire at all or until I play with the cord. I already reprted the matter to Ikelite but was informed that this is the "Achilles' heel" of the system and "holes" in the insulation can cause corrosion of the wire underneath. I guess I have to get a new one only after less than three months of use.

Is there any one else who experienced this problem with their sync cords?

#2 marriard

marriard

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 10:05 AM

My sync cord  used with my Fuji S2 and housed by Ikelite seems to be shorting out and the strobe does not fire at all or until I play with the cord. I already reprted the matter to Ikelite but was informed that this is the "Achilles' heel" of the system and "holes" in the insulation can cause corrosion of the wire underneath. I guess I have to get a new one only after less than three months of use.

Is there any one else who experienced this problem with their sync cords?

Send it back to Ikelite with a description of the issue. They'll likely replace it for free unless they find that you were the cause (not saying you were, but I am not looking at the housing either). Ike's service is second to none.

I have the same camera and housing since last September and I haven't had this issue myself.

M

#3 chromis

chromis

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 10:45 AM

The cord has now gone totally out of function and I missed many shots today.

Believe it or not, I was told by Ike that there is no warrnaty on sync cords and I must purchase a new one. I am shocked to say the least especially as I already have had other minor problems (but problems nevertheless) with this new system.

Maybe your experience has been different from mine. I guess I have no choice in the matter.

#4 chromis

chromis

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 10:58 AM

The cord has now gone totally out of function and I missed many shots today.

Believe it or not, I was told by Ike that there is no warranty on sync cords and I must purchase a new one. I am shocked to say the least especially as I already have had other minor problems (but problems nevertheless) with this new system. My entire system was purchased in December but only started to be used in the water in February this year.

Maybe your experience has been different from mine. I guess I have no choice in the matter as a customer.

#5 ChristianG

ChristianG

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 04:29 PM

Considering Ike's "normal" level of service, which is to say nothing short of excellent, I find this result quite extraordinary.

Without knowing how you approached the matter with Ike, maybe you should try again? Perhaps you should quote some of the comments made on this board, including this one?

Cheers,

Christian
There is nothing more certain in life than taxes, decompression theory and death - CG