#1 TEERLKAY

TEERLKAY

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:50 AM

Hi,
It's Tom (and Lisa).

The good news - we are two gringos in Mexico- with 6000 miles of warm water coastline to dive.

The bad news - we're in Mexico City - about as land locked as you can be in this country.

More good news - to get to the 6000 miles of warm water coastline, we get to drive thru some of the most incredible scenery, complete with fascinating history!

More bad news - we have to drive on the Mexican roads!

I'm firmly entrenched in the P&S crowd for now but will probably be looking for a smallish strobe to compliment it in the near future.
Despite my best efforts I’ve gotten an interesting shot or two but look forward to quite the education here!
A great big thanks to the folks that run this site – I’ve learned an enormous amount just by lurking!
Cheers,

I’m trying to HTML a flickr photo- it doesn’t appear right in the preview????See how much I have to learn!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/21229498@N03/2117800839/]Posted Image[url]

Edited by TEERLKAY, 07 January 2008 - 01:49 PM.

#2 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3044 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:40 PM

Hi Tom & Lisa

Welcome, There is a pinned thread on posting images from Flickr on the Photo Gallery forum if you want to check it out. I struggled with it too. Nice images of your cenote dives. :D

Buena suerte,

Steve

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#3 ce4jesus

ce4jesus

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1639 posts
  • Interests:Anything Ocean (How'd I end up in Colorado?)<br /><br />A Christian Marine Conservationist?

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

Hola Amigos,
Your trip sounds like a very cool one indeed. I'm envious indeed. "warm water coastlinee" I take it your on the Yucatan side. Did you just take off from the US and decide to drive the coast?

Bien Viaje
Gary
Gary
Olympus E-520, TLC arms, Inon Z-240s, 50mm, 14-42mm woody's diopter

#4 TEERLKAY

TEERLKAY

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:34 AM

...There is a pinned thread on posting images from Flickr on the Photo Gallery forum if you want to check it out.

From Gary:

I take it your on the Yucatan side. Did you just take off from the US and decide to drive the coast?

Gary,
We drove from Virginia to Florida to Mexico City. We now live in Mexico City but since arriving we drove from Mexico City to Zihuatanejo to Salina Cruz to Oaxaca to Mexico City and then Mexico City to Xcalak to Akumal and return. We want to dive Vera Cruz and Baja (might fly to that one). Love to get out to Revillgigedos!

Cheers