2 replies to this topic

#1 Chipstix

Chipstix

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 08:19 AM

Hi All,

Just thought I'd say a little hello.....

I am a PADI Divemaster, and have been diving for 12 years (since I was 16). Despite living in Brighton on the South coast of the UK, all of my diving training and dives have been abroad - though I may well change this when I can afford a dry-suit and training!

To date I have only shot underwater with a Canon Powershot G3, in a soft EWA-Marine housing (great to about 8m after which the camera gets pretty shrink wrapped :D , but I got a couple of nice shots, one of which of my now wife on her first ever dive! The G3, is now gone, but I have a new toy!

Will add in a link here when I get a chance......

On land I shoot with a Canon EOS 400D aka Rebel XTi, though the U/W SLR housings escape my budget for now. For the next trip (Barbados in May), I have a Canon IXUS SD800IS, and an Ikelite 6147.8 Housing. External wide angle lens / strobe (both of which I know very little about yet!) will most likely have to wait until next year!

Having seen a book recommendation on wetpixel, I think I'm going to be procuring a copy of 'The Underwater Photographer' by Martin Edge pretty sharpish, which by all accounts looks like an absolute belter!

Got a couple of questions already, but I'll put them in the right area!

Bye for now, Chris.

#2 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the black pit of photography...You are amongst friends..egotistical sons of #*^.... :D

But we are one big happy family...may your queries (is that the wrong phrase for a Brighton boy :excl: ) be answered

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#3 Ferg42

Ferg42

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:36 AM

Hi Chris,

Good to see you've caught the bug. I'm based in Lewes, so not too far away! Like you not fancying a dip in the Channel right now!

Cheers

Fergus
EOS 7D, Nauticam housing, EOS 5D II, Ikelite, Inon z240, Inon D180, Tok 10-17, 15 FE, 17-40, 105 Macro
Sony HC7, Gates Housing
Visit My Website