• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marshallkarp

marshallkarp

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

The new podcast is up at www.underwatervideographer.tv. Before Thanksgiving, I interviewed Dr. Bill Bushing. Dr. Bill discusses his over forty years of diving, relationship and work with the Cousteaus, his DVD and cable access show, and his methods and techniques.

I think Dr. Bill is a good learning example for us all. I hope you enjoy listening.

#2 ronscuba

ronscuba

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:14 PM

I'll download it when I get home.

What happened to the other podcasts ? They were coming out regularly and then stopped ?

#3 marshallkarp

marshallkarp

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:03 PM

I'll download it when I get home.

What happened to the other podcasts ? They were coming out regularly and then stopped ?

Thank you ronscuba for the kind words.

Brian got busy with his two hugely successful podcasts, The DV Show and The Law and Video Podcast. These are drawing big numbers and Brian may even be going satellite radio with The DV Show.

We both took a break for the holidays, too. After the Sea Hunt Special, we spent some time figuring what we were going to do with the Underwater Videographer Podcast. The Podcast is such a niche audience, the numbers are no where close to the other two. However, Brian's guiding principle is having fun and I am having fun doing my interviews. I figure I represent the listeners and ask questions that we all want to know from our guests. I learn things right along with our audience. So, the sincere desire of my heart is to help people make better underwater video.

In that respect, I have found this to be a terrific platform. I mean, I talk to big names and insiders connected with our recreational sport. Oh and another thing, this is keeping me close to dive related things while I wait out the Ohio winter.

Anyway, we worked out that Brian owns everything and I am the guest host. I am again lining up new interviews with people connected with diving and underwater video. I edit the sound files, script the show notes, and upload everything to Brian. All he needs to do is just load everything on his server.

That is the whole story of the delay. I will continue to do this as long as I am having fun. At such time, if ever, that I lose the fun factor in this, I will let you all know.

By the way, there are still two episodes still in the can that I did between Thanksgiving and Christmas. For those of you considering buying a new housing, I spoke with Manufacturing Engineer Glen Goodrich on the production of the Ikelite Video Housings. Also, I have a chilling interview with Tim Zimmerman where we discuss the Dave Shaw story. Tim's will probably be the next one up. I know many of you have read his article, but wait until you hear it right from him. My adrenaline was flowing, my heart was pumping, and I had goosebumps.

On the drawing boards:

I will be working on interviews with those connected to HD Camcorder Housings and will continue with a series on various housings, like the previous Backscatter interview. Also, I will be working on hearing from other professional underwater videographers so we can continue to learn from them. Also, there will be some change of pace things along the way.

#4 stillhope

stillhope

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:48 PM

marshallkarp,
Check out my TV series at http://SEA-Inside.org -- this is its third year. If it isn't aired in your area, some episodes are available on-line. If you'd like to feature it on your podcast, send me an email.
John F. Williams
producer of SEA-Inside: Pacific Northwest,
the PNW's ONLY underwater TV series
http://SEA-Inside.org