• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DaveH

DaveH

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 05:39 PM

Has anyone heard anything more about the Aquatica housing for the S2 Pro? Any recent reviews or news on a release date?

#2 scorpio_fish

scorpio_fish

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 08:39 PM

I believe they are showing a prototype at the Chicago show. I'm a dealer so I don't know anything :D But I will try to find out.
"Me, fail English?.........Unpossible!"

#3 Kasey

Kasey

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 01:36 AM

The S2 housings have been surprisingly slow to the market. Is the market share of that camera that far behind canon and nikon?
Seacam F100;D2x; 60mm;105mm;16mm;17-35; 10.5mm;12-24mm
Sea & Sea strobes
www.underthecaribbean.com

#4 scorpio_fish

scorpio_fish

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:47 PM

Is the market share of that camera that far behind canon and nikon?

Yes, but well ahead of the Sigma.
"Me, fail English?.........Unpossible!"

#5 marriard

marriard

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:57 PM

Has anyone heard anything more about the Aquatica housing for the S2 Pro? Any recent reviews or news on a release date?

It was shown at the show in Chicago and there is one other prototype floating around. Third-hand I was hearing end of May. I am awaiting a full review before I decide yay or nay.

Market share for the S2Pro is actually pretty good, but hard to judge because every report I have seen always lumps all of the Canon and Nikon digitals in one group, and Fuji doesn't have that many digitals in the market.

Also many manufacturers had to choose one or the other, and Nikon was a safer bet. Thanks Ike for the S2Pro housing....

M

#6 handlerphoto

handlerphoto

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:59 PM

Hi to all...

Ok. this is the scoop on the Aquatica S2.
We showed the first working production unit iat the Chicago show last week with rave reviews.
It is almost exactly layed out as the now very popular Aquatica D100 housing.
All the controls are very similar with the principal differences in the rear housing panel where the off center viewing port is located.
All controld for the S2 are accessible.
I will be testing and reviewing the Aquatica S2 this comming week and again as always will post the reivew and photos on wetpixel.
Delivery of the housings will begin sometime early summer- date not specified. Price will be the same as AD100- Housing and double TTL bulkhead- $1959 with 8" dome at $350. Again, Aquatica has taken the lead in this niche market.....
For more information and housing reservation, please contact me off line - mauricio@handlerphoto.com

Safe diving.....
Mauricio Handler
� Handlerphoto
Photo Workshops & expeditions/ Housing Sales & Support
www.handlerphoto.com
mauricio@handlerphoto.com