Photo
- - - - -

Looking for the specs and polarity of Ikelite Smart Charger..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phylo

Phylo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

So I just received my Ikelite DS-125's and I had assumed they would come with chargers since they are so friking expensive, but allas I was wrong.. So I'm going to see about getting an after market charger and modifying ti to work with the DS-125's.. The smart charger is $99+ where ass I can get an after market charger and modify it to work with the DS-125 for around $35 to $40..

I need someone to take a look at there smart charger and tell me all the voltages and stuff that they have on the bottom.

Thanks
Phil

#2 Phylo

Phylo

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:47 PM

Anyone?? I know someone out there has a smart charger that they could read the specs off of the back for me!!

#3 Cerianthus

Cerianthus

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:37 PM

no clue, my strobes use AA's.

Just look at it from a - I have to charge these- kind of perspective. Assuming you have the plug needed...

The battery packs are NiMh, which are chargeble at 1/10 of the capacityv in 14-15 hours is a good basis. These chargers give a specific current (A) and shoul be generally avaulable. I'm sure there's a value for Ah (ampere hour) on the battery to determine what current you need. Also, the working voltage should be there somewere.

For faster charges you need a delta V-thing (measuring voltage during charging, there are some home-grown print plate ideas for that, but (at least for AA size) there is commercial stuff available.
Gerard

My photo's on flickr
Crop the world ! (Using Canon 20D, 60mm, 100mm, 10-17mm FE, Ikelite)

#4 samplin

samplin

Moray Eel

• Team Wetpixel
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Mt. Biking

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:48 PM

Is this what you were looking for.. Hope you don't blow anything up.. ;)
Posted Image

Edited by samplin, 22 February 2008 - 06:00 PM.

Joe Samplin Peoria Arizona

My Smugmug

Canon S100. 2 YS-01 Fisheye FIX Housing