Aquatica D100 Housing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimbo1946

jimbo1946

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, UW photography, land photography, reading, driving my wife/dive buddy nuts!

Posted 01 May 2003 - 06:05 PM

I have an Aquatica D100 housing on the way, and I just ordered a Subal SB80-DX Strobecase. My problem is that I have an Aquatica strobe arm set (I used to attach it to a Nikonos SB-105), and I don't know how I'm going to attach the Strobecase to it. The Subal dealer told me that the Strobecase will have a mounting stud with an 8mm ball. The Aquatica arms have a much bigger ball (about 20mm or so). [Please, no gags about my balls being the wrong size!]

The Subal Strobecase ball is going to be too small to lock down in the Aquatica connector. I'm probably not making much sense unless you're familiar with the Aquatica arm system, but does anyone have any ideas? I just emailed Aquatica to see if they have any off-the-shelf hardware that would work, but I didn't see anything in their online catalog.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I hate to have to get out the duct tape and start wrapping!
Jim Chambers
Tucker, Georgia

Nikon D300 in Aquatica housing with housed SB800 flash.

#2 craig

craig

Full Moon Rising

• Super Mod
  • 2826 posts

Posted 01 May 2003 - 06:48 PM

I have an Aquatica D100 housing on the way, and I just ordered a Subal SB80-DX Strobecase.  My problem is that I have an Aquatica strobe arm set (I used to attach it to a Nikonos SB-105), and I don't know how I'm going to attach the Strobecase to it.  The Subal dealer told me that the Strobecase will have a mounting stud with an 8mm ball.  The Aquatica arms have a much bigger ball (about 20mm or so). [Please, no gags about my balls being the wrong size!]

The Subal Strobecase ball is going to be too small to lock down in the Aquatica connector.  I'm probably not making much sense unless you're familiar with the Aquatica arm system, but does anyone have any ideas?  I just emailed Aquatica to see if they have any off-the-shelf hardware that would work, but I didn't see anything in their online catalog.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  I hate to have to get out the duct tape and start wrapping!

8mm is the size of the stud that threads into the case. You can get an 8mm ball from ULCS although I imagine Aquatica makes one too.
I love it when a plan comes together.
- Col. John "Hannibal" Smith

------
Nikon, Seatool, Nexus, Inon
My Galleries

#3 jimbo1946

jimbo1946

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, UW photography, land photography, reading, driving my wife/dive buddy nuts!

Posted 02 May 2003 - 08:01 AM

Thanks, Craig! I must have misunderstood about the connector.

Jim
Jim Chambers
Tucker, Georgia

Nikon D300 in Aquatica housing with housed SB800 flash.