• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8387 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:28 AM

At the London International Dive Show (LIDS) 8/9th March I will co-hosting the Underwater Photography Clinic with Photoshop expert and Wetpixel member Saeed Rashid. In fact I will be joining quite a Wetpixel tradition as this session has previously be run by Wetpixel members Paul Kay and John Bantin.

The session will run on both days between 1:45 and 3:00 and much of the presentation will focus on helping you get better images. I will be advising on how to improve your in water photographic techniques and Saeed demonstrating how RAW conversion and Photoshop processing can improve those images you have already taken.

If you are thinking of coming to LIDS and would like direct feedback on how you can improve your shots please email two or three of your images to info@focusindepth.com (the address can handle files up to 20mb, so RAW's or JPEG's are fine). Alternatively you can bring your pictures to the show and give them directly to me on the BSoUP stand, in the morning before the presentation each day.

Ideally we are after problem images. Pictures that just aren't as good as you hoped that they would be. But we would also like a few stunners to be submitted, as a lot can also be learned from discussing why they are so effective.

Alex

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#2 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:13 AM

Well I have some pics you could laugh at but nothing really worth bringing... But I'm hopefully coming down anyway so will pop in and try and learn something :lol:

And maybe a :) or :) :lol: if you have time.... ;)

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#3 timing

timing

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:23 AM

Well I have some pics you could laugh at but nothing really worth bringing... But I'm hopefully coming down anyway so will pop in and try and learn something :lol:

And maybe a :) or :) :lol: if you have time.... ;)

Dive safe

DeanB

Dean,

which day are you going down?

Alex, If you're desperate I can let you have something - maybe even one of those green water magic filter shots - the one of my buddy below the pub?

Cheers,

Tim

#4 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:44 PM

Dean,

which day are you going down?

Tim

You dirty git :) and asking if Alex is desperate...Tut tut timmy me old son !!!

To be honest I don't know yet but I usually go on sundays..depends on lifts etc...Or if Simon Spear lets me stay at his the night... :lol: ;) or if we meet up and you drive :lol: :)

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)

#5 timing

timing

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:21 AM

You dirty git :lol: and asking if Alex is desperate...Tut tut timmy me old son !!!

To be honest I don't know yet but I usually go on sundays..depends on lifts etc...Or if Simon Spear lets me stay at his the night... :( :( or if we meet up and you drive :) ;)

Dive safe

DeanB

That'll be the Scorpio in me then.

I'm more than happy to meet up and drive down - you get to, say, Stoney or somewhere down the M40 and it would be my pleasure.

Right now I'm easy on dates so Sat or Sun would be ok.

Tim

#6 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8387 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:21 PM

Alex, If you're desperate I can let you have something - maybe even one of those green water magic filter shots - the one of my buddy below the pub?

Hey Tim,

Yeah, it would be great to have some UK images. But ideally not filter shots (although I do love that shot of yours). If I mention the word filter in public people are quick to say there he goes again plugging his filters! And that is even when I am talking about the filter for my aquarium. ;)

Anyway, to get back on track. Please send your images in - it is a UK dive show - so UK images would be purr-fick!

Alex

Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).

#7 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8387 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:03 AM

Just to bump this up! Don't forget images in this week, please!

Alex

#8 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:57 AM

Aquarium !!!!!... 'Fish Jail'... you evil bastard :P

And for god sake stop plugging those damn filters....filters this, filters that...enough already...

:)

Dive safe

DeanB

PS...Timing me old son thanks a million..I haven't decided which day yet but i will let you know...
Facebook me ;)

#9 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8387 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:15 AM

A big thank you to those who have already sent images in. Last chance tonight to get them in by email, alternatively give them to me directly at the show. I will mainly be on the BSoUP stand 346.

For those who haven't seen it - I will also have a couple of copies of Wetpixel Quarterly with me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alex