2 replies to this topic

#1 Pedro Carrillo

Pedro Carrillo

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:14 AM

Hi guys,

I have the chance to buy second-hand a System Macro Port and a Fisheye dome for my Seacam D200.

The problem is that the owner is not able to tell me what type of threads do the ports have.

He has been using them with a Seacam housing for the Canon A2 film camera.

I do think that Seacam´s finer threads were prior to 1997, with the new bayonet system thereafter. Could anybody confirm to me whether this ports would fit my newer Seacam housing? (he gives me references like 210 xxx and 230 xxx for each port, but I do not have a clue of what do they mean)

Please help me out. Price is really atractive for this usually expensive pieces of equipment :)
Nikon D200 in Seacam D200. 2 Seacam Digiflash 250 & 2 Inon Z220. Seacam wet diopter. Superdome and macro ports. Fisheye focusing light. Ultralight arms. Nikkor 10,5, 12-24, 17-55, 60, 105. Tokina 10-17. Kenko 1,4x & 2X. Nikon 6T diopter.

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:46 AM

The systemport and fisheye ports don't and have never used a bayonet mount.

I can't tell you about the thread size - sorry.

James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 Paul Kay

Paul Kay

Giant Squid

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1732 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:01 AM

Hello Pedro

The references that you have been quoted are Seacam's Part reference numbers. Looking back through my old lists the references you quote appear to relate to the older ports which do not have the same port mounting as the ports used on current digital housings. Seacam describe the older ports as 'thread' mounting and these have a smaller diameter and much finer thread than the current 'bayonet' mount which is a larger diameter and actually resembles a much coarser and rounded thread. So based on the numbers quoted the answer is that these appear to be the older ports which will not fit onto your D200 housing. (That said, I think that Seacam did offer an insert which allowed the older ports to be used, but as far as I can remember this was a factory fitted item and had to be specified when the housing was first ordered - I doubt that it could be retrofitted).
Paul Kay, Canon EOS5D/5DII, SEACAM/S45, 15, 24L, 60/2.8 (+Ext12II) & 100/2.8 Macros - UK/Ireland Seacam Sales underseacameras & marinewildlife & paulkayphotography & welshmarinefish