• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mkquesnel

mkquesnel

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:03 PM

I'm relatively new to U/W photography and making use of one of my old digital cameras, an Olympus C5050 Zoom in an Olympus PT-015 housing. At one time I saw that there was a magnifier for the LCD display. I'm having trouble seeing some of the information on the LCD (I need reading glasses) so would like to know if the magnifiers are still available. If so, where do I get one. Anyone out there got one they would like to sell?

#2 bobf

bobf

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

I'd check with forum sponsor Reef Photo first. That's where I purchased mine:

reefphoto.com

Next try another forum sponsor such as Marine Camera Distributors:

marinecamera.com

if they don't have them, try:

http://www.divervisi...?products_id=70

be careful when cleaning the magnifier........i think the lens is plastic........i know it scratches easy.......that said, chances are you won't see the scratches underwater........just be careful what you choose to clean the lens with (my magnifier lens looks like it's been ice skated upon!)

hth,
b
oly 4040 and a pair of DS 125's
Inon Macro and an Oly WAL

#3 sbillings

sbillings

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:01 PM

Hi Mkquesnel, I have one of those magnifiers. It has never been wet. I'll sell it to you for $30. Plus postage. I was going to put it on ebay. I can send you a pic if you want.

Let me know if you are interested. I am in Portland OR.

Steve B

I'm relatively new to U/W photography and making use of one of my old digital cameras, an Olympus C5050 Zoom in an Olympus PT-015 housing. At one time I saw that there was a magnifier for the LCD display. I'm having trouble seeing some of the information on the LCD (I need reading glasses) so would like to know if the magnifiers are still available. If so, where do I get one. Anyone out there got one they would like to sell?