Digital projection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8492 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:26 AM

I gave my first talk incorporating my digital photographs to a bunch of school kids who were visiting my institute on Friday. I was originally going to use the Data/video projector in our lecture theatre but the image quality was very poor so instead I used a newer portable projector, that I have used many times for giving talks.

I found that I was able to improve image quality by reducing the contrast and increasing slightly the colour saturation.

Anyway the experience gave me the distinct feeling that I know absolutely nothing about projecting digital images and am hoping the Wetpixel community can give me some useful tips.

What features should one look for in a data/video projector for showing still images?
What changes to the setup of the projector are useful for showing images rather than text and figures?

This question has double benefit because I/we are in the process of making the British Society of Underwater Photographers (BSOUP) more digital friendly - the next step of which is buying a projector (rather than having to beg and borrow them from members). BSOUP

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).