• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Alex_Mustard

Alex_Mustard

The Doctor

• Super Mod
  • 8376 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:26 AM

I gave my first talk incorporating my digital photographs to a bunch of school kids who were visiting my institute on Friday. I was originally going to use the Data/video projector in our lecture theatre but the image quality was very poor so instead I used a newer portable projector, that I have used many times for giving talks.

I found that I was able to improve image quality by reducing the contrast and increasing slightly the colour saturation.

Anyway the experience gave me the distinct feeling that I know absolutely nothing about projecting digital images and am hoping the Wetpixel community can give me some useful tips.

What features should one look for in a data/video projector for showing still images?
What changes to the setup of the projector are useful for showing images rather than text and figures?

Alex

This question has double benefit because I/we are in the process of making the British Society of Underwater Photographers (BSOUP) more digital friendly - the next step of which is buying a projector (rather than having to beg and borrow them from members). BSOUP

Alexander Mustard - www.amustard.com - www.magic-filters.com
Nikon D4 (Subal housing). Nikon D7100 (Subal housing). Olympus EPL-5 (Nauticam housing).