• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 chris_l

chris_l

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

I have a UFL165AD lense for a Fuji F30 in the fuji housing with the AD mount base.
With the F30 at it's widest, I see the lense protector of the 165. I don't know if that's technically vignetting, but it's not what I think of as vignetting.
The 165 has 4 plastic dome protectors, 2 are larger and protrude more. I'm seeing these in the view. I have to zoom to eliminate the view.
Is anyone else using the 165 with the F30?
What about the 105, does it do the same?
The Fuji is only a 3x zoom. It has a 36-108mm equivalent.

Has anyone seen this on any other cameras?

Thanks.

Edited by chris_l, 14 April 2008 - 06:57 PM.

#2 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

I have the F30 with the 105AD lens. If the lens is not aligned just right, you can see the lens protector/shade in the photo. You have to have the shades exactly at 90 degree angles to get them out of the photo. Not sure if the same goes for the 165.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#3 chris_l

chris_l

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:05 AM

I have the F30 with the 105AD lens. If the lens is not aligned just right, you can see the lens protector/shade in the photo. You have to have the shades exactly at 90 degree angles to get them out of the photo. Not sure if the same goes for the 165.

Cheers
James

James,
I thought of that, but I don't see how to align them at 90 degree angles. I can't rotate the shade, can I?

The inon manual was very specific about not twisting that. Maybe mine is just misaligned from the factory.
I tried every starting mounting angle on the AD mount, but no joy.

Thanks,
Chris

#4 james

james

The Engineer

• Super Mod
  • 9969 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:20 AM

Chris,

If you're in the US, I'll send a note or a call to Inon America - they are very helpful. I need to do that too - as I need to align my shade/protector too.

Cheers
James
Canon 1DsMkIII - Seacam Housing
Dual Ikelite Strobes
Photo site - www.reefpix.org

#5 crawdad

crawdad

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:54 PM

Most likely your camera is not sitting square to the lens due to an imperfection in the housing. The lens being off center causes the vignetting on one side.

My Canon is slightly off center as well in the DC12. I suspect that this is SOP for these cheap housings, some more than others.

CD
Canon S90, FIX90, dual Inon D2000 strobes, Inon UCL165AD, Inon UFL165AD, Inon UWL100 plus dome, Fisheye UWL-04, DIY tray, adapter

Swim down, swim around, swim back up.

http://www.uwphotogr...guide.com/forum

#6 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

can you post a pic to see what you are talking about?

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#7 chris_l

chris_l

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

Ok, here's some pics.
A picture of a shot taken in the bathtub at widest camera setting.
A shot of the lense mounted to the housing.

After looking at the pics of crawdads FE lense in the thread on P&S, it's obvious my shade/protector is misaligned. I'll email Inon about it.

Attached Images

• DSCF1352.JPG
  • DSC_0033.JPG

#8 crawdad

crawdad

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

Glad I was a help, yes, it is misaligned. Should be easy for them to fix godd as new for you.

CD
Canon S90, FIX90, dual Inon D2000 strobes, Inon UCL165AD, Inon UFL165AD, Inon UWL100 plus dome, Fisheye UWL-04, DIY tray, adapter

Swim down, swim around, swim back up.

http://www.uwphotogr...guide.com/forum

#9 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10639 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

I suggest you send Inon those pics. Also you may also want to check if your mount is mounted correctly.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#10 chris_l

chris_l

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:50 AM

I suggest you send Inon those pics. Also you may also want to check if your mount is mounted correctly.

I really don't see how the mount could be mounted incorrectly. I'm positive it's ok.

Thanks for the help

Edited by chris_l, 17 April 2008 - 06:17 AM.

#11 JBriggs

JBriggs

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:32 AM

There are six small screws on the back of the lens (this attaches the lens portion of the mount to the lens itself). It would appear that if you remove the screws you could turn the lens portion of the mount until your shade has the right orientation?? I have never taken mine apart (it has the right orientation) but it seems it would be pretty straight forward.

Jeff

Canon 450D, Seatool housing, 60mm macro, Tokina 10-17, Inon D2000 x2

#12 chris_l

chris_l

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:43 PM

An update on this.
Reef Photo worked with Inon and sent me a new lense.
Now the shade is aligned and all is well.

I also received my D2000. I think I'm all set now.
Just a little upgrade from my old C4000 in a pt-010 with a sealife strobe. Not that I'm knocking that setup, it served me well for many years and is still ready to go.

Chris