• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jwmartini

jwmartini

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:57 PM

Hello Guys! First off let me just say its very nice to see such a great site with such an amazing community of artists and divers all in once place! Having just perused around the forums here for a little bit I am blown away by the talent and skill i see in some of your photos and the professional demeanor in which you conduct yourselves. Seeing this site and how you guys work definitely makes me want to get into this world, which leads me to this next statement: i dont even know how to scuba dive. ;) Now i feel like an outcast! Haha.

Anyway, I joined this forum first and foremost because i have a few questions that i couldn't seem to get answered anywhere else. I was hoping some kind soul would help guide me to the right place. Long story short, im trying to help out a buddy of mine with some research. He is planning on shooting some video underwater at night...... all in infrared. No real lights..... Is there anyone here who has experience with this or at least can help point me in the right direction (forum, other website, etc?) You all seem very nice and warm and I have a feeling I can learn a TON from you all. I'm already excited to be on this forum and see how much more of our world there is to explore. And from what i'm seeing already i definitely want to kickstart myself to get out there and learn! Thank you for your responses and I hope everyone is doing well.

Best to all,
-Johnny
:D

#2 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6182 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:31 AM

welcome johnny, if anyone know it would be Drew... he knows everything about video ;)

Maybe post a thread in the video section asking about infrared video

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in Ambon March 2015
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in Indonesia or Join me on a trip www.underwatertribe.com

#3 jwmartini

jwmartini

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:43 AM

welcome johnny, if anyone know it would be Drew... he knows everything about video ;)

Maybe post a thread in the video section asking about infrared video

Thanks Mike! I'll do that. Much appreciated! If anyone else does have some info please please let me know!

Best to all.