davichin

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:03 PM

It is a very fun map!

Thank you very much Cor!

By the way, is it possible to change my signup mail to davidbarrio at yahoo.com

I tried to change in My Controls but says that mail is already in use (maybe I signed up long time ago with another name?)

Thank you!
D300, D7000. 10.5, 10-17, 16, 10-20, 17-70, 60, 105, 150 Hugyfots, Subtronic Novas, Seacams 350, YS250s, YS-D1s
Aqualung Team
www.davidbarrio.com

#22 Halabriel

Halabriel

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:20 AM

- hey, I have a whole country!)

That's nothing, Leonandclaudia seem to have a whole continent (Africa), and Savio has all of South America to play in!

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Halabriel, 07 May 2008 - 04:22 AM.

Canon Ixus 950is in WPDC-15 housing with Inon accessorization (D2000s strobe, UWL105 and UCL165 lenses).

#23 saeedrashid

saeedrashid

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:41 AM

Does the top right of the window show a 'Logout' link? Just making sure you're actually logged in according to this page. Maybe something there doesnt sync right.

Cor

Hi Cor

I have the same problem (maybe). I'm logged in and I tried yesterday to mark my position and it seemed to work but when I looked at the map I couldn't see my marker. I tried a few times, I can't see my name on the list either. Today I can't even seem to place a marker. I'm using Safari on a Mac if that matters.

Cheers for the idea anyway it is very cool.

Saeed
Saeed

#24 Halabriel

Halabriel

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:46 AM

Cor

Any way of adding a menu link (on the Blogs...Gallery...Live Chat...etc bar) that takes you directly to the map?

Cheers

Hal
Canon Ixus 950is in WPDC-15 housing with Inon accessorization (D2000s strobe, UWL105 and UCL165 lenses).

#25 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:13 AM

Already in the works, but I cant get the darn menu to update. Hopefully Eric or Matt can help me out.

Cor
Cor Bosman - Nikon D2X Subal ND2 - Nikon D7000 Subal ND7000
website | tripreports/journal | facebook | wetpixel map | twitter

#26 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:31 AM

Hi Cor

I have the same problem (maybe). I'm logged in and I tried yesterday to mark my position and it seemed to work but when I looked at the map I couldn't see my marker. I tried a few times, I can't see my name on the list either. Today I can't even seem to place a marker. I'm using Safari on a Mac if that matters.

Cheers for the idea anyway it is very cool.

Saeed

Just tried it on Safari/Mac (safari 3.1.1, OSX 10.4.11). I'll try 10.5.2 at home. So far it works. Can you try Firefox to see if it's a browser issue?

#27 saeedrashid

saeedrashid

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:47 AM

Just tried it on Safari/Mac (safari 3.1.1, OSX 10.4.11). I'll try 10.5.2 at home. So far it works. Can you try Firefox to see if it's a browser issue?

Its a browser problem. Firefox worked. Sorry I should have tried it before hassling you, I know Safari can be a pain.

Anyway great feature, now I can see just how close I really live to Alex..........

Edited by saeedrashid, 07 May 2008 - 06:50 AM.

Saeed

#28 UWphotoNewbie

UWphotoNewbie

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:48 AM

This is a really cool fxeature. Its great to help folks get in touch and just to see where everyone is from.

But what would be really useful is some way to post dive locations, along with the KML/KMZ files for GoogleEarth. Photos could also carry this information linking you to the dive site where a photo was taken. With several free applications, its trivial to upload these to your GPS, or just cruise around and look at the satellite pictures of the area to plan your next trip.

UWPhotoNewbie: Not such a newbie to diving and UW photography.

Nikon D70: 60 mm, 11-16mm, 105mm, 15mm, 10.5mm

Ikelite iTTL Housing, dual Ikelite DS125

Nikon D600 topside 14-24, 28-300, 70-200, 35,50,85

#29 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3027 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:30 AM

Hey Cor, what a great idea! Something else to suck up all my spare time. :guiness: How about putting a different symbol on the map for the sponsors. A camera maybe? I'm always telling folks to go handle the system before they buy. How cool would it be to have one place to go (The Map) no matter where one is in the world to find the nearest O-ring/ parts/service? Not sure about the Wetpixel business model but it's strikes me that it would be worth something to me if I was selling U/W stuff to be "On the Map". Maybe it's a seperate commercial map? Something to think about.

When did the Pakman move to North Korea? :guiness:

Steve

The Fin Foundation
My Images on Flikr

Canon7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#30 segal3

segal3

Powerful Sea Gull

• Admin
  • 1739 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:30 AM

Any way of adding a menu link (on the Blogs...Gallery...Live Chat...etc bar) that takes you directly to the map?

A direct link to the Wetpixel map has been added under 'Resources' on the main menu bar. For your browsing convenience :guiness:.
Matt Segal - carbonos scuba

#31 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:35 AM

I think a different icon for sponsors is a great idea William, and im not even thinking commercially there. Just knowing where some of these places are is great. I'll be on a tiny boat with Eric for a week and im sure we'll be discussing all these possibilities, including different data as markers.

#32 Halabriel

Halabriel

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:06 AM

A direct link to the Wetpixel map has been added under 'Resources' on the main menu bar. For your browsing convenience :guiness:.

Sorry, I can't find it

Cheers

Hal

#33 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:20 AM

halabriel..it's called 'Member map' under Resources. If you cant find it, chances are you have to force-reload the page because of caching

#34 Halabriel

Halabriel

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:57 PM

halabriel..it's called 'Member map' under Resources. If you cant find it, chances are you have to force-reload the page because of caching

Nope, can't find it even have logged out and back in.
The only things under resources are: Classifieds, Live Chat, Free stuff and Member list
I am using Firefox on a Mac OS 10.5 at home, but couldn't see it on my work PC either

Oh there it is - not sure what was different, but up it popped

Cheers

Hal

Edited by Halabriel, 07 May 2008 - 07:58 PM.

#35 saeedrashid

saeedrashid

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:59 PM

Nope, can't find it even have logged out and back in.
The only things under resources are: Classifieds, Live Chat, Free stuff and Member list
I am using Firefox on a Mac OS 10.5 at home, but couldn't see it on my work PC either

I had the same problem until I cleared the cache then it popped up...
Saeed

#36 diverdon

diverdon

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Airplanes, Motorcycles, Boats, PWC, Scuba, Photography, Nanotech, Manufacturing,

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:30 AM

Very Cool! Thanks a lot. You can not only see my building but the location of my office within the building.
www.uwworld.com

#37 brendiver

brendiver

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Underwater Photography (obviously!) Diving related photojournalism, travel writing

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:34 AM

Cor,

Mega feature - Nice job!

Although you can see my house (and its windows - Wow!) I've put my flag next to the closest dive site to where I live.

Check it out, you'll find a "myriad" of fish, "stunning vistas" and loads of other cliched stuff.

Well, maybe not, but it is a protected area (unlike the UK's coastline) and home to a really rare newt.

Hey - I've just noticed, that's not my car in the driveway, what's my wife been up to!?!
My Blog - Diving, Travel and Photojournalism at:

Brendiver's World

#38 cor

cor

The Hacker

• Admin
  • 1993 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:53 AM

I changed the icon to what I think is a nicer one. I also added a new map type (top right corner named 'terrain'), and I also include release notes as a clickable link on the bottom left corner. If you think things have changed, check there first.

Im already working on changing things so you dont see so many overlapping icons, but instead see 1 larger icon until you zoom in deep enough. Wetpixel moderator acroporas is helping me with that, but we're still working out some kinks.

Cor

#39 PRC

PRC

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1163 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:56 PM

Nice job Cor - I see I have my own island, not too much of a surprise don't know many here who dive and take pics.

Paul C
Nikon D300, Subal, 2 * Inon 240
Water Temp (just cold & Nasty)
My Pictures

#40 Marcelo Krause

Marcelo Krause

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:19 AM

Hi Cor

Very nice feature!!!!
But I can not make it work. Every time I click on edit your position, it ask me to log in. I log in, come back an then it ask to log in again.
I have tried firefox, safari, and IE.
Am I missing something?

Thanks

Marcelo.