• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RichardG

RichardG

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:00 AM

I am thinking of puchasing an Archos Jukebox Multimedia 20 for use on holiday both to store images and as a MP3 player. Has anybody used one of these and how useful did you find it?

Do you know of any equivalent products that provide both features. The media announcement for the FlashTrax player mentioned earlier in this forum looks good but I can't find anywhere in the UK that sells it.

Thanks,

Richard

#2 TedJ

TedJ

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 05:30 PM

Richard,
I have used the Archos for a couple of months. The unit works quite well although its menu system is somewhat "klunky". I can't quite put my finger on it but its not as intuitive as it might be (or it could be me). I use it for MP3s as well as images from my Olympus 5050. Make certain that you get the adapter for either SM or CF cards when you buy it. The camera attachment is a waste, but often it is not offered anyway. I have waited for what seems like two years for the FlashTrax, but it never really seems to come to market, although it seems to be available now. But the price is too high. I would buy the Archos again, knowing what I know about it.
TedJ

Ted Janssen

NEX-7, Nauticam,  INON, and ULCS